• filter:

hey, it was YOUR joke...

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Maybe he is just a kook aid drinker

rated:
I'm guilty. This happened to me today. I was wearing something sports related and someone said something like "How do you think the team will do next year?". I gave him a blank stare, not realizing what I'm wearing for a second or two or three or four and then realized it.

Then again, when I'm in the drive through and someone says "would you like to try our blah blah blah", and I say "Yes", they usually say "Yes, what?". They don't expect to hear a yes and it throws off their programming.

rated:
morecowbell said:   i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...
  I don't get it. 

rated:
atikovi said:   morecowbell said:   i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...
  I don't get it. 

https://youtu.be/_fjEViOF4JE



rated:
atikovi said:   
morecowbell said:   i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...
  I don't get it. 

don't wear the shirt  

rated:
morecowbell said:   sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...

  Why would you consider him wearing a kool aid shirt to be him telling a joke?  You're the one who turned his endorsement of Kool Aid into a joke.  I'd consider someone coming up to me and blurting out "ooh yeah!" to be rather creepy, no matter what I was wearing.

rated:
Glitch99 said:   
morecowbell said:   sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...

  Why would you consider him wearing a kool aid shirt to be him telling a joke?  You're the one who turned his endorsement of Kool Aid into a joke.  I'd consider someone coming up to me and blurting out "ooh yeah!" to be rather creepy, no matter what I was wearing.

  
The terrorists have won.

rated:
ganda said:   
Glitch99 said:   
morecowbell said:   sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...
 

  Why would you consider him wearing a kool aid shirt to be him telling a joke?  You're the one who turned his endorsement of Kool Aid into a joke.  I'd consider someone coming up to me and blurting out "ooh yeah!" to be rather creepy, no matter what I was wearing.

  
The terrorists have won.

  No I'm confused - were the terrorists wearing kool-aid shirts?

I'm sure that guy "still didnt get it" because he was just trying to get on an airplane, not telling cowbell a joke, so there was nothing to "get".  Cowbell didnt play off someone's joke, he told a bad joke to a random stranger.

rated:
cowbell and qcumber, I always get those two confused here. Too much dairy.

rated:
It's morecowbell, or maybe mister cowbell to you.

rated:
Glitch99 said:   
ganda said:   
Glitch99 said:   
morecowbell said:   sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...

  Why would you consider him wearing a kool aid shirt to be him telling a joke?  You're the one who turned his endorsement of Kool Aid into a joke.  I'd consider someone coming up to me and blurting out "ooh yeah!" to be rather creepy, no matter what I was wearing.

  
The terrorists have won.

  No I'm confused - were the terrorists wearing kool-aid shirts?

I'm sure that guy "still didnt get it" because he was just trying to get on an airplane, not telling cowbell a joke, so there was nothing to "get".  Cowbell didnt play off someone's joke, he told a bad joke to a random stranger.

lighten up, francis  

rated:
scrouds said:   
atikovi said:   
morecowbell said:   i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...
  I don't get it. 

https://youtu.be/_fjEViOF4JE



  he should carry this video along him to add context to his jokes.

rated:
Did he break through the security wall?

rated:
morecowbell said:   
Glitch99 said:   
ganda said:   
Glitch99 said:   
morecowbell said:   sometimes people tell a joke, and you play off of it, and they don't get it

recently, at some airport, i saw a guy wearing a kool-aid shirt. i said to him "ooh yeah!" he gave me a blank stare. i had to point out that he was wearing the shirt. i still dunno if he got it...

  Why would you consider him wearing a kool aid shirt to be him telling a joke?  You're the one who turned his endorsement of Kool Aid into a joke.  I'd consider someone coming up to me and blurting out "ooh yeah!" to be rather creepy, no matter what I was wearing.

  
The terrorists have won.

  No I'm confused - were the terrorists wearing kool-aid shirts?

I'm sure that guy "still didnt get it" because he was just trying to get on an airplane, not telling cowbell a joke, so there was nothing to "get".  Cowbell didnt play off someone's joke, he told a bad joke to a random stranger.

lighten up, francis  

  Maybe I'm just upset that I had to throw away my perfectly fine kool-in shirt, now that I know others consider it to be a joke...  

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017