• filter:

What happened to all the Tang commercials?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Talking about powdered drink mixes, think I remember seeing Tang on TV regularly up until the 70's. Haven't seen it advertised since yet the product is still made. I'm sure a whole generation doesn't even know it exists or what it is. How can it survive without advertising? Kool Aid on the other hand is on TV regularly. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Because it went to the Moon.

rated:
Stroll on down to YouTube. Old commercials live there for eternity.  Here's Tang going to the moon.

Cigarettes survive without advertising.  The packaging in some countries basically says the product will kill you, but people still buy it.

rated:
Because of Tampico, a cheaper orange-colored liquid that doesn't need refrigeration and is sold by the gallon?

We may have had the only parents who wouldn't buy Tang because it was too expensive, but after we kept asking for it and pointed out the commercial that said kids preferred Tang to orange juice, they bought some, not right away but only after they found some that included a free quart glass pitcher.  We were disappointed by the taste and couldn't understand why it was always like very weak orange juice, even when 3x the recommended amount of powder was mixed in with the water.  We always added a teaspoon of sugar to each glass.  

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   Because of Tampico, a cheaper orange-colored liquid that doesn't need refrigeration and is sold by the gallon?

We may have had the only parents who wouldn't buy Tang because it was too expensive, but after we kept asking for it and pointed out the commercial that said kids preferred Tang to orange juice, they bought some, not right away but only after they found some that included a free quart glass pitcher.  We were disappointed by the taste and couldn't understand why it was always like very weak orange juice, even when 3x the recommended amount of powder was mixed in with the water.  We always added a teaspoon of sugar to each glass.  

I remember as a kid when there was a jar in the house, sticking a spoon in it and eating it straight. Why bother with adding water.

rated:
You miss Tang, yet you don't know KoolAid commercial? 

rated:

rated:
I really did not mind drinking Tang as a kid. But what I really miss is a drink that was pellets like Ovaltine and it was called PDQ and came in a glass jar. While I liked the Chocolate flavor (not the Strawberry), the one to die for was Egg Nog flavor PDQ. Wish they still made that.

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   You miss Tang, yet you don't know KoolAid commercial? 

Kool Aid survived, even after Jim Jones mixed it with cyanide that 900 people drank in Guyana.

Even with Kool Aid, as a kid, I would like it dry right out of the packets. The same with Nestle's Quick. I also liked raw bacon and uncooked cookie dough and cake batter. With Lucky Charms I would eat all the marshmallows out of the box and leave the yucky stuff for my younger sister.

With my odd diet as a kid it's a miracle I survived it.

rated:
burgerwars said:   MommyOfHAndK said:   You miss Tang, yet you don't know KoolAid commercial? 

Kool Aid survived, even after Jim Jones mixed it with cyanide that 900 people drank in Guyana.

Even with Kool Aid, as a kid, I would like it dry right out of the packets. The same with Nestle's Quick. I also liked raw bacon and uncooked cookie dough and cake batter. With Lucky Charms I would eat all the marshmallows out of the box and leave the yucky stuff for my younger sister.

Jim Jones didnt use Kool Aid, it was Flavor Aid.

rated:
There are no more Tang commercials because they cant afford to run them with fasttimes mom giving away Tang for free.

rated:
burgerwars said:   
MommyOfHAndK said:   You miss Tang, yet you don't know KoolAid commercial? 

Um, RAW BACON?!?!!?  The other stuff, OK, but never heard of anyone eating raw bacon.  Uncooked cookie dough and cake batter are delish.  I'll risk the salmonella for those.

rated:
Wu and Poo drank it all.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017