• filter:

what reward for my survey point redemption

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hi,

I would like to know what you think i should pick for the survey reward on, say, valuedopinions.com. There are so many choices to choose from that its overwhelming. for example, there are StarbucksAmazon, walmart, visa prepaid, dunkin donuts, chilis, Target, Best Buy, Staples, and Macys gift cards

basically, whats your favorite choice for rewards and please explain why.

ps: I am more of an eater than a drinker. So, a Starbucks gift card, though could be used for food items, seems to me a waste of points because the items at Starbucks seem to be a ripoff. no offense to anyone, but i could never understand how people can spend so much at Starbucks. Supermarkets or other (Chinese) bakeries or restaurants, such as mcds, sell the same or similar foods and drinks way cheaper. Also, I like electronics, such as cellphones and laptops so i'm leaning towards a Bestbuy gift card walmart gift card Target gift card or Amazon. com gift card. please advise what I should get.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
bestbuy1115 said:    please advise what I should get.

get real.

all that effort into selecting a reward you are not going to get.

rated:
actually thats not true. I honestly accrued enough points on valuedopinions and swagbucks so that I can redeem the points for rewards now. i just cant decide what reward to get. with valuedopinions.com you need $10 (min) to redeem points for a reward and with swagbucks the minimum needed to redeem for points is 300 swagbucks.

rated:
If you can combine it with your BB employee discount, take the BB card and use it at your store(#1115) in Flushing, NY. Otherwise there's a Target and a Macy's very close to work where you can use it.

rated:
I generally just get Amazon cards (e-codes actually) for things like this including Bing search points. I just apply the code to Amazon and let it sit until I have a random Amazon purchase and then I use the credit. IIRC, I used to get $5 from swagbucks every couple of months back when I was getting 10 points (equaled about 10 cents at Amazon) per coupon I printed and used. I don't paper coupon as much since Kroger in my area stopped doubling. My wife and I make about $120 a year with Bing just doing the quizzes, reading the news and doing random searches.

rated:
hairybeast said:   I generally just get Amazon cards (e-codes actually) for things like this including Bing search points. I just apply the code to Amazon and let it sit until I have a random Amazon purchase and then I use the credit. IIRC, I used to get $5 from swagbucks every couple of months back when I was getting 10 points (equaled about 10 cents at Amazon ) per coupon I printed and used. I don't paper coupon as much since Kroger in my area stopped doubling. My wife and I make about $120 a year with Bing just doing the quizzes, reading the news and doing random searches.

Cool. Would I need to download any software to get bing search points? I think i'll stick to Amazon rewards

rated:
bestbuy1115 said:   Hi,

I would like to know what you think i should pick for the survey reward on, say, valuedopinions.com. 

Sounds like a scam. I get emails all the time like "Get a free meal at McDonald's or a free coffee at Starbucks just for filling out this short survey." At the very least you will get tons of spam.

rated:
bestbuy1115 said:   
hairybeast said:   I generally just get Amazon cards (e-codes actually) for things like this including Bing search points. I just apply the code to Amazon and let it sit until I have a random Amazon purchase and then I use the credit. IIRC, I used to get $5 from swagbucks every couple of months back when I was getting 10 points (equaled about 10 cents at Amazon ) per coupon I printed and used. I don't paper coupon as much since Kroger in my area stopped doubling. My wife and I make about $120 a year with Bing just doing the quizzes, reading the news and doing random searches.
  Cool. Would I need to download any software to get bing search points? I think i'll stick to Amazon rewards

They have a search bar that you can download, but I never did that.  It has been a long time since I signed up, but I think you just click on the sign in button in the upper corner of the bing page to sign up.  Mine is linked to my free Hotmail account that I have also had for ages.  Once you sign in, you just search using the bing webpage and you can do other quizzes and stuff.  They market other things to you (like rent a movie and get x points), but I just ignore that stuff. 

rated:
A long time ago, there were free apps that did multiple "searches" for you, while you went about your business. I wonder if they still exist.

rated:
bing has ways of finding out if you use such things. then they ban you

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017