phone advice

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
im under a family plan with tmobile. I have a kyocera rally s1370 phone. the call quality is no good though i always took good care of it. people cant hear when i speak on the phone. i also have a motorola moto g3 but the volume is very tinny because it had some damage. so, when the alarm clock sounds or someone calls me on the motorola phone, i cant hear it ringing. ive been using one or the other, switching out the sim card from one to the other phone depending on if i am texting, calling, or needing to use the alarm clock feature. its very inconvenient and pathetic

so, i'm thinking of getting a cell phone. please advise if I should get a basic phone or smartphone. All I need is to make and receive calls with great call quality. Being able to check my emails on the go and having access to a few apps would be nice but not musts.

Id like to spend as little money as possible but also dont want a junk phone that will malfunction after a few days, or ridiculous call quality or volume

please advise if i should get a regular phone or smartphone. are all the brands about the same in terms of call quality? i want to hear and be heard. id hate to have to shout in my phone for the other party to hear me. i did some research and think blu, apple iphone, lg, Samsung, and nokia have amazing sound quality. is this right?

thanks

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
sam5ung has good quality, but i hate both of mine. i plan on going back to motorola, because it had amazing sound quality and never made me mad

nokia and apple are supposed to also have good sound quality. dunno about blu

you should use Huawei. I have been using Huawei for years. I have dropped it many times but the phone works fine. While my brother bought an LG smartphone its screen became unresponsive without any damage.

bestbuy1115 said:   im under a family plan with tmobile. I have a kyocera rally s1370 phone. the call quality is no good though i always took good care of it. people cant hear when i speak on the phone. i also have a motorola moto g3 but the volume is very tinny because it had some damage. so, when the alarm clock sounds or someone calls me on the motorola phone, i cant hear it ringing. ive been using one or the other, switching out the sim card from one to the other phone depending on if i am texting, calling, or needing to use the alarm clock feature. its very inconvenient and pathetic

so, i'm thinking of getting a cell phone. please advise if I should get a basic phone or smartphone. All I need is to make and receive calls with great call quality. Being able to check my emails on the go and having access to a few apps would be nice but not musts.

Id like to spend as little money as possible but also dont want a junk phone that will malfunction after a few days, or ridiculous call quality or volume

please advise if i should get a regular phone or smartphone. are all the brands about the same in terms of call quality? i want to hear and be heard. id hate to have to shout in my phone for the other party to hear me. i did some research and think blu, apple iphone, lg, Samsung, and nokia have amazing sound quality. is this right?

thanks

It very well could be that T-mobile is not giving you the best call quality on your phone. I know a friend of mine with a Nexus 6 just switched from Google Fi to Verizon and it was insane how well I could hear him compared to the conversations over the last year. Granted Verizon to Verizon calls go to HD calling mode but still. The device was the same and all the sudden the call quality was vastly improved. Especially if you use T-mobile's WiFi calling which is similar to what Google Fi does, you will get worse audio quality.

One thing you could do is go to a T-mobile store and see if the store will let you put your sim in different phones and test the call quality. Then you can try to find the best deal for the phone you liked best. 

johnadamthegreat said:   you should use Huawei. I have been using Huawei for years. I have dropped it many times but the phone works fine. While my brother bought an LG smartphone its screen became unresponsive without any damage.
i would recommend researching huawei before buying anything of theirs. i wouldn't tell anyone what to think of them, but i would never buy one of their products

Xenocrates said:   
bestbuy1115 said:   im under a family plan with tmobile. I have a kyocera rally s1370 phone. the call quality is no good though i always took good care of it. people cant hear when i speak on the phone. i also have a motorola moto g3 but the volume is very tinny because it had some damage. so, when the alarm clock sounds or someone calls me on the motorola phone, i cant hear it ringing. ive been using one or the other, switching out the sim card from one to the other phone depending on if i am texting, calling, or needing to use the alarm clock feature. its very inconvenient and pathetic

please advise if i should get a regular phone or smartphone. are all the brands about the same in terms of call quality? i want to hear and be heard. id hate to have to shout in my phone for the other party to hear me. i did some research and think blu, apple iphone, lg, Samsung, and nokia have amazing sound quality. is this right?

thanks

It very well could be that T-Mobile is not giving you the best call quality on your phone. I know a friend of mine with a Nexus 6 just switched from Google Fi to Verizon and it was insane how well I could hear him compared to the conversations over the last year. Granted Verizon to Verizon calls go to HD calling mode but still. The device was the same and all the sudden the call quality was vastly improved. Especially if you use T-Mobile's WiFi calling which is similar to what Google Fi does, you will get worse audio quality.

One thing you could do is go to a T-Mobile store and see if the store will let you put your sim in different phones and test the call quality. Then you can try to find the best deal for the phone you liked best. 

well, in my case, its not true that tmobile is not giving me the best call quality on my phone. before i messed up my motorola phone, i had excellent call quality using tmobile. after getting water into it, the call quality suffered. with my kyocera phone, the call quality got worse over time on its own

bestbuy1115 said:   
Xenocrates said:   
bestbuy1115 said:     well, in my case, its not true that tmobile is not giving me the best call quality on my phone. before i messed up my motorola phone, i had excellent call quality using tmobile. after getting water into it, the call quality suffered. with my kyocera phone, the call quality got worse over time on its own

Yeah I had pretty good service with them as well. I only switched because they don't have good coverage around me when you get out into the country. That and Verizon was offering ridiculous trade in offers for a phone that was definitely not worth the $300 they gave me for it.

bestbuy1115 said:    ive been using one or the other, switching out the sim card from one to the other phone depending on if i am texting, calling, or needing to use the alarm clock feature. its very inconvenient and pathetic

Why do you need a sim card in the phone to use the alarm clock?

without the sim card, the time on the phone isnt correct. since both my phones have issues, ive been needing to switch the sim card from one phone to the other for different purposes, such as calling, texting, and setting the alarms.

Look for a used phone on swappa.com. Get one that has wifi calling.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017