• filter:

lazy MCB

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
when i first get up in the morning (or sometimes, in the afternoon), it takes me an hour or so to become worth anything. i am just a lump of lard for that whole time, just being able to do things like make coffee and check FW and emails. i have to gradually let the coffee work its magic, while listening to something by norah jones (or similar). after about an hour, i can finally manage to actually be productive

that's while i am on my own time, of course. when i am on someone else's time, i am able to pretend to be productive and personable and all. i am a decent faker. but i am still really just a lump of lard

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
praise the lard! get that man some coffee!

rated:
sometimes I feel like it takes me ten minutes to get out of bed and across the hall and get my teeth brushed.
I don't have that many teeth and the bathroom is just a few feet away from the bed.
ETA: Wait a minute, wait just a minute! That sounds wrong! I have the normal amount of teeth, I am not gummie!

rated:
sublimosa said:   sometimes I feel like it takes me ten minutes to get out of bed and across the hall and get my teeth brushed.
I don't have that many teeth and the bathroom is just a few feet away from the bed.
ETA: Wait a minute, wait just a minute! That sounds wrong! I have the normal amount of teeth, I am not gummie!

I admit it. I was wondering what happened to your teeth!

rated:
sublimosa said:   sometimes I feel like it takes me ten minutes to get out of bed and across the hall and get my teeth brushed.
  You don't eat breakfast? Makes no sense to brush teeth before eating.

rated:
atikovi said:   

So after brushing you can never eat again?

rated:
Alarm goes off at 5:35.. I'm on the road by 6:10.
Work starts 7:00.. Leave work 4:00 PM.. Home before 5:00 PM
In bed by 9:30.. asleep by 10.

On teleworking days (Tuesday + Thursday).. Alarm goes off at 6:40 AM.. I log on laptop at 7:00 AM.

rated:
george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

Of course not, but why would anyone brush their teeth before eating breakfast instead of after and have a clean Mouth for a few more hours. I mean, if you are a runner, would you wake up, take a shower, and then go running? Of course not. Same idea.

rated:
atikovi said:   george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

Of course not, but why would anyone brush their teeth before eating breakfast instead of after and have a clean Mouth for a few more hours. I mean, if you are a runner, would you wake up, take a shower, and then go running? Of course not. Same idea.

I do it so that I can kiss my wife without complaints, then eat breakfast, and then brush again.

rated:
atikovi said:   
george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

Of course not, but why would anyone brush their teeth before eating breakfast instead of after and have a clean Mouth for a few more hours. I mean, if you are a runner, would you wake up, take a shower, and then go running? Of course not. Same idea.

I brush first because I usually eat breakfast while driving to work or eat then run out the door.  Just easier to get everything done in the bed/bathroom (shower, shave, teeth, quickie, get dressed, etc) and then head to the kitchen then out the door.  I have good dental health so it doesn't seem to be hurting me too badly.  Occasionally, I will chew some gum after breakfast, but that messes with the flavor of my coffee so don't do it unless I had an everything bagel or poppyseed muffin (something that gets stuff all in your teeth). 

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   
atikovi said:   
george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

Of course not, but why would anyone brush their teeth before eating breakfast instead of after and have a clean Mouth for a few more hours. I mean, if you are a runner, would you wake up, take a shower, and then go running? Of course not. Same idea.

I do it so that I can kiss my wife without complaints, then eat breakfast, and then brush again.

Your wife never complains when I kiss her, so you're wasting your time. You're welcome.

rated:
hairybeast said:   
  I brush first because I usually eat breakfast while driving to work or eat then run out the door.  Just easier to get everything done in the bed/bathroom (shower, shave, teeth, quickie, get dressed, etc) and then head to the kitchen then out the door.  

Well sure, if you're not eating breakfast at home it doesn't matter. But ya know, you probably could get the first four all done in the shower saving you enough time to have breakfast at home.

rated:
ganda said:   MilleniumBuc said:   
atikovi said:   
george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

Your wife never complains when I kiss her, so you're wasting your time. You're welcome.

But did she ever tell you that she used to be Steve?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   
ganda said:   
MilleniumBuc said:   
atikovi said:   
george2001 said:   
atikovi said:   

But did she ever tell you that she used to be Steve?

I am surprised you didn't insist on the meat and two veg being removed. Not judging, whatever floats your boat.

rated:
Well, at least it's not bat sh*t crazy MCB.

rated:
well, maybe it is. after the coffee

rated:
I brew coffee in French press at work and split it with a coworker. It is so enjoyable and there is sufficient time interval from when I brush my teeth at home until having coffee that the toothpaste taste doesn't interfere with the delicious coffee. I consider myself to be a night person, but I'm adept at diving out of bed at the last-possible moment in order to get to work in a timely manner.

rated:
kirbydog said:    I'm adept at diving out of bed at the last-possible moment in order to get to work in a timely manner.
  You don't need, um, any seat time?

rated:
atikovi said:   
kirbydog said:    I'm adept at diving out of bed at the last-possible moment in order to get to work in a timely manner.
  You don't need, um, any seat time?

are you 11? 

rated:
I was once for a whole year.

rated:
There are some mornings that it takes me two hours to become un-larded. I can also be falling asleep at 4pm or 8pm, but push myself through to be able to go to bed at a "normal" time... then midnight comes around and the next thing I know I've been on the computer another few hours and it's 3am and my brain is going full-force about random crap and I can't fall asleep.
Repeat cycle.

rated:
mom2jel said:   There are some mornings that it takes me two hours to become un-larded. I can also be falling asleep at 4pm or 8pm, but push myself through to be able to go to bed at a "normal" time... then midnight comes around and the next thing I know I've been on the computer another few hours and it's 3am and my brain is going full-force about random crap and I can't fall asleep.
Repeat cycle.

a good groping might fix that!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017