• filter:

Why no NBA finals thread?

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Game 3 being played tonight and there's no thread yet? Granted I just found out that the finals were being played last night watching Jimmy Kimmel.

What happened to the referees during the 4th period tonight? They must have received death threats if they let Golden State win. A Cavaliers player has to break a Golden State's player's leg to get a foul called on them.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Despite the awful referees GS won it in the last 3 minutes. Proving once again that one only has to watch the last 2 or 3 minutes of a basketball game.

rated:
overclock said:    Proving once again that one only has to watch the last 2 or 3 minutes of a basketball game.
  That's because watching a bball game is about as exciting as watching golf or bowling.

rated:
The series is so boring, just like the entire playoffs. Very forgettable.

rated:
gigglesxox said:   The series is so boring, just like the entire playoffs. Very forgettable.
You serious? If Warriors win the next game.. they'll create history by becoming the first team to go 16-0 in playoffs.

rated:
KayK said:   
gigglesxox said:   The series is so boring, just like the entire playoffs. Very forgettable.
You serious? If Warriors win the next game.. they'll create history by becoming the first team to go 16-0 in playoffs.

  No joke. The whole game was exciting. They were neck and neck the entire time.

rated:
Hey! How come nobody is defending golf or bowling?

rated:
They have some sexy women in bowling. My type of woman.

rated:
This was the first game of the Finals that stayed within reach of either team to win. For Warrior fans, Game 3 was a horror show in last year's Finals so there was some trepidation going in to Cleveland for this game. A huge change from last season is KD in the mix and he didn't fail to contribute to the win. It seems unlikely that Cleveland could play any better than they did and hats off to them for a great game. Irving was amazing. I'm enjoying watching James lose - he seems clearly exhausted by the pace of the game. I love that Patrick McCaw is getting playing time. As a rookie it must be an unmatched thrill and the fans are loving him.

 

rated:
And the parade in Oakland will be just as fun whether they sweep in Cleveland or win in Oakland on Monday night. Woo hoo!

rated:
As per the latest NBA trend, GS will bench all their starters and lose by 40 points on the road.

rated:
they should let the 2nd stringers play the next game so that GS can win at home. it's my jobs plan. this way, the players get another game and think of the concessions and the extra t-shirts they'll sell.

rated:
As a Clevelander and a Cavs fan, the Warriors are the best team i think I've ever seen, and I grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers.

rated:
kamalktk said:   As a Clevelander and a Cavs fan, the Warriors are the best team i think I've ever seen, and I grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers.
  Agreed and Showtime Lakers was my team back in the day (because I'm a thousand years old). Warriors this season with KD are phenomenal. It's as if almost everything is in perfect synchronicity with the occasional hiccup of turnovers. Is your strategy to trap Steph? Ok, it frees up Andre, KD or Klay to score instead..One sore thumb is Zaza, who played well at certain times during the season but whose recent performance has been lackluster. Even Ian Clark has played better.

rated:
kirbydog said:   kamalktk said:   As a Clevelander and a Cavs fan, the Warriors are the best team i think I've ever seen, and I grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers.
  Agreed and Showtime Lakers was my team back in the day (because I'm a thousand years old). Warriors this season with KD are phenomenal. It's as if almost everything is in perfect synchronicity with the occasional hiccup of turnovers. Is your strategy to trap Steph? Ok, it frees up Andre, KD or Klay to score instead..One sore thumb is Zaza, who played well at certain times during the season but whose recent performance has been lackluster. Even Ian Clark has played better.

I thought Zaza's main strength was a cheap contract.

rated:
Oh man, Zaza signed on for the minimum. Started out the season a bit rough. Made fundamental errors as if he didn't know the rules or something. Weird. Then had flashes of brilliance in the mid- to late- season then returned to former habits. 
 

rated:
game 3 was really exciting, Cavs were leading then suddenly GSW stole the game from them. KD's 3 point shot was the bomb

rated:
natosbourne said:   game 3 was really exciting, Cavs were leading then suddenly GSW stole the game from them. KD's 3 point shot was the bomb
And after that Curry took an imaginary dump on the floor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fnQeeflxGk

rated:
kirbydog said:   
kamalktk said:   As a Clevelander and a Cavs fan, the Warriors are the best team i think I've ever seen, and I grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers.
  Agreed and Showtime Lakers was my team back in the day (because I'm a thousand years old). 

  me too. i saw the parade after the lakers won back in '87 and i'm not a thousand years old.

rated:
miserly said:   
kirbydog said:   
kamalktk said:   As a Clevelander and a Cavs fan, the Warriors are the best team i think I've ever seen, and I grew up in LA during the Showtime Lakers.
  Agreed and Showtime Lakers was my team back in the day (because I'm a thousand years old). 

  me too. i saw the parade after the lakers won back in '87 and i'm not a thousand years old.

  Ok, you can be 998 years old and I'll be a thousand. I still have Lakers team photos that are real 8x10 photographs. 

rated:
I still had (until about 2005) the back to back lakers championship shirt with the cartoon drawn players. Favorite player was always Kurt Rambis and his goggles.

rated:
Congratulations Warriors.

rated:
Dubs!

rated:
miserly said:   Dubs!
  Parade begins at 10am on Thursday. In 2015 it was estimated that there were close to a million people attending.

rated:
I was tempted to ditch work to go to the parade if one of my friends is going but she can't take the day off and I'm not good in crowds of people. Comcast will show it a million times so I'm sure I'll at least see the highlights.

rated:
In case you don't know and are interested, there is a free Doritos locos taco today between 2 and 6PM at participating Taco Bells compliments of the Warriors and NBA.

rated:
Streaming the parade live in my office. We'll move to the conference room when it is available at 11:30. Big screen.

rated:
The Warriors org. announced that they are paying for the entire parade costs (police, clean-up crews, etc.) as thanks to the city of Oakland. Very very cool.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017