• filter:

Cashback apps

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So 2 months ago I started using ebates and joinhoney. My honey points have been pending for over a month and a half now (close to 2 months). I really like ebates tho, I use it for Best Buy/walmart/etc cashback and the checks come in pretty fast. Problem with ebates is they don't have 1% cashback for "electronics" purchases for eBay https://www.ebates.com/ebay.

So I was wondering for anyone that have experience with either/both:
1. What's your experience with honey? Are they a scam?
2. Does the ebates 1% cashback categories ever change? or am I reading the cashback table wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
eBay and Amazon categories change *all the time*. I have been a Cash Back shopper for a long time (including before my job here!) and I don't think I've ever found a portal that has consistently good Cash Back at those stores, especially in electronics.

I'm a teensy bit biased But overall I liked the coupon feature of Honey and it was easy to use...I just found that it slowed my browser down a lot and I could often find better deals on my own than through them. I ended up uninstalling it. I'd rather spend a few minutes hunting down coupons than to miss out on one that hasn't hit their system yet. I did get an Amazon GC from them, so they aren't a scam.

As far as your second question, those categories do change frequently. Also remember sometimes (depending on the item) you might be able to find the same deal at a store with higher Cash Back rates. 

rated:
Ah alright thanks for the reply. Hopefully I get my honey points soon. I'll keep checking the categories on ebates. I agree about it slowing down the browser. I like to open multiple tabs at the same time and it's just ridiculous how much it's slowed down. Which is one of the reasons why I'm thinking of just dropping it.

rated:
imho, anyone cribbing about 1% cashback is not spending enough to worry about getting it or not.
what did you do? buy something for $50, and are now bemoaning the "loss" of 50c? and spending valuable time trying to figure out how not to miss out on the 25c you could save on your next purchase?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017