• filter:

Keeping my "Wife of the Century" title up to date

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I figured I'd better keep my title up to date...
DH decided that one of his "bucket list" items was to do a motorcycle iron-butt (lite) rally - 1000 miles in 24 hours. 

He picks up his information last night, brings it home and all the list of stops to choose from are in coordinates (no addresses), and in random order so it makes so sense on how to plan out the ride for the maximum amount of points (stops are worth varying points).
He and his riding buddy decide they have to plan it out at his house (with a paper map). DH doesn't come home until 10pm and decides he must go to bed at midnight.
I stayed up working on the best route (evening sun on their back so it's not in their eyes, rest stop "overnight" at a KOA campground, most stops for the maximizing points, etc). I converted coordinates into addresses, typed all destinations into Google Maps, printed out turn by turn directions (because DH & buddy are woefully tech challenged), etc.

I finally go to bed (at 5am).
DH wakes me up at 6am for some groping before he leaves (I'm not happy about that).

I look at his current (phone) location and they're going in a completely different direction. 
Six hours of my time and hard work for absolutely nothing. <grrr>

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
You track your spouse's phone location?

rated:
mom2jel said:   I figured I'd better keep my title up to date...
DH decided that one of his "bucket list" items was to do a motorcycle iron-butt (lite) rally - 1000 miles in 24 hours. 

He picks up his information last night, brings it home and all the list of stops to choose from are in coordinates (no addresses), and in random order so it makes so sense on how to plan out the ride for the maximum amount of points (stops are worth varying points).
He and his riding buddy decide they have to plan it out at his house (with a paper map). DH doesn't come home until 10pm and decides he must go to bed at midnight.
I stayed up working on the best route (evening sun on their back so it's not in their eyes, rest stop "overnight" at a KOA campground, most stops for the maximizing points, etc). I converted coordinates into addresses, typed all destinations into Google Maps, printed out turn by turn directions (because DH & buddy are woefully tech challenged), etc.

DH wakes me up at 6am for some groping before he leaves (I'm not happy about that).

I look at his current (phone) location and they're going in a completely different direction. 

Ah, c'mon, you got some gropes after an hour's sleep! What more could any woman want?

rated:
it seems to me your title should be changed to mother of the century for having to raise so many boys!
BTW, can i show this to my wife next time she complains about whatever it is she complains about... see 6AM groping is perfectly normal!

rated:
Wow....newsflash..."Men who don't listen to their wives"!

Full story at 11.

rated:
ganda said:   You track your spouse's phone location?
  Share your real-time location with others
I've been doing this for years with all of our phones; my older two boys were beta-testers for kajeet.com phones when they were 10 & 12, those automatically had the location finder on them.
It's now evolved into a way for my needy males to figure out where I am when I'm not home (OMG - mom's not home, it's the end of the world!). I hate getting phone calls when I'm in the checkout lane at Target "MOM, where are you!?!?"; do they look first? no, they still end up calling me <sigh>
And now when the older two take their motorcycle out, I want their location if they aren't home and I get worried I want to know where to come scrape their bodies off the pavement
Finally, I put the location sharing on my 86-yr old mom's phone in case she get's "lost"... except the darn woman won't leave her phone on!

The boys are fine with it, they know that for the past 10 years I haven't done anything with their locations... well, except this January when the 19 yr old decided to play hooky from college and drive "his" (shared with DS16) crappy car 6 hours to Michigan to go snowboarding.

rated:
miserly said:   it seems to me your title should be changed to mother of the century for having to raise so many boys!
BTW, can i show this to my wife next time she complains about whatever it is she complains about... see 6AM groping is perfectly normal!

If you only knew the crap I deal with between DH & DS16
DS22 is in his last year of his mathematics degree (computer science minor), will be taking actuarial exams.
DS19 will be a college sophomore - good kid, he currently is balancing 3 part time jobs for the summer.

rated:
stalker alert  

rated:

rated:
morecowbell said:   
stalker alert  

I'll go one better.   I use FindMyPhone to set off a loud tone on her phone.  Works great at a loud store or restaurant when I can't find her.  Funny as hell when she went to a movie alone.

rated:
morecowbell said:   
stalker alert  

Mrs. ganda is ~1000 miles away at the moment, maybe I could check her phone location "for her safety"?

eta: Apparently someone has stolen her phone and is using it at the Westin downtown ~35 minutes away. WTH?

rated:
fasttimes said:   
morecowbell said:   
stalker alert  

I'll go one better.   I use FindMyPhone to set off a loud tone on her phone.  Works great at a loud store or restaurant when I can't find her.  Funny as hell when she went to a movie alone.

Can you make Siri shout PUT DOWN THAT DICK?

rated:
UPDATE: out of the 38 bikers... DH was #37 and his friend was #38

He keeps crabbing about it, I keep telling him that they should have listened to me. Will he ever learn to do things my way? Heck no.
(Just like when he won't ever listen to the GPS and decides he knows the better route... and we sit in traffic for an hour, because Mr. Garmin had been directing us around it.)

What I find most amusing is that his friend just *had* to buy a $900 motorcycle GPS for this rally BWAHAHA

rated:
You increasingly sound more like the nightmare of the century rather than the wife of the century.
This, of course, is only one man's point of view. Perhaps there is a secret wives club where you actually might be praised as the hero.

rated:

rated:
and tracking the whereabouts of a 19 year old man? Do you let anyone dirty get through?

rated:
what do you win in this rally?

rated:
SilverII said:   what do you win in this rally?

24+ hours away from your wife, although you'll still be under surveillance?

rated:
  Winner got free entry into a larger iron butt rally. 

rated:
mom2jel said:   
  Winner got free entry into a larger iron butt rally. 

ok.  I thought it was the groping

rated:
mom2jel said:   I figured I'd better keep my title up to date...

Not bad, average is 3-13 minutes...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017