• filter:

Does anyone own a TickBox TV device?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I stumbled across this device in some banner ad.  I'm curious if it works.

Frustrated with overpriced cable bills?
Get Instant Access to Any Movie, TV Show, or Sporting Events...Without Signing a Contract or Paying a Monthly Service Fee!
https://www.tickboxtv.com

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
It looks like it's nothing more than an Android box that connects to TV, with the installation of Kodi. I find its claim of 100% free and legal streaming of any TV shows or movies shady. They are claiming that downloading these contents would be illegal, but streaming these contents is legal, which may be technically true, but I would think these sources that are providing the streaming aren't doing it legally.

rated:
enterkey said:   It looks like it's nothing more than an Android box that connects to TV, with the installation of Kodi. I find its claim of 100% free and legal streaming of any TV shows or movies shady. They are claiming that downloading these contents would be illegal, but streaming these contents is legal, which may be technically true, but I would think these sources that are providing the streaming aren't doing it legally.bingo.

The streamers are doing the illegal task.. and media folks go after the source rather than the streamers.
Ex: CNN on youtube. There are streamers on youtube that stream live.. (ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqRY3qTno1M

) It's being watched by over a thousand folks as of this moment.
CNN/youtube shuts them down after couple of days but another one pops right back up.
It's much easier to shut down the source rather than ask youtube for the thousands of IP's that are watching the stream.. which youtube probably wont even get.

For Kodi sources, it's even much harder to shut down the source since it might not even be in US.. so then they would have to go to ISP's to check if user's are streaming from a particular source.. and there are lots and lots of sources.. and those sources change very frequently.. and ISP's don't have that time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017