• filter:

Hardees / Karls Jr

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
We don't have them where I live, but driving through the armpit of Western Civilization (Pittsburgh) I saw that gold star.  Flame broiled 1/8 lb burger. Yum.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
paging burgerwars, now paging burgerwars

rated:
I haven't been to Hardee's in years. Miss it, good food.

There's only a few in town, one was near an old job, so went there often.

rated:
For $5 get a double Jalapeno burger, FF, all you can drink, 14 flavors.

rated:
I too live in a Hardees / Carls Jr desert, although I used not to and ate at Carls often. Very satisfying junk food. If you're more central in the country than ususal see if you're near a Freddy's Steakburgers - I recommend.

rated:
Freddy's was good. Still like burger fi better. I know they're expanding but I couldn't tell you where to offhand.

rated:
People are apparently going nuts here now over Culver's, a seemingly new entry to the local market. Does the food meet the hype? It's still very busy.

rated:
Culvers is decent and cheap. Happily eat there but there aren't any around here.

rated:
when i lived in PA, the best burger i had was from elevation burger. easily better than 5 guys. boutique-y

rated:
Haven't been to a Hardee's in years but their Mushroom and Swiss burgers were the best. Now I see BK copying that.

rated:
miserly said:   paging burgerwars, now paging burgerwars

I was paged.

Hardees I have no opinion.  None near me.  Carl's Jr. I rarely go to.  Burgers are below average.  Their restaurant appearance is also below average.  Other burger joints have improved their stores, while Carl's Jr. remains stuck in the 80's.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, and are prepared to spend over $10 for a burger, try The Stand.

My pager is still on, for further questions.  You can also send me the Bat Signal, if you can't page.

rated:
There's a Carl's Jr around here, went in once years ago and wasn't impressed. Jack-in-the-Box is much better.

rated:
burgerwars said:   

I was paged.

Hardees I have no opinion.  None near me.  Carl's Jr. I rarely go to.  Burgers are below average.  Their restaurant appearance is also below average.  Other burger joints have improved their stores, while Carl's Jr. remains stuck in the 80's.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, and are prepared to spend over $10 for a burger, try The Stand.

My pager is still on, for further questions.  You can also send me the Bat Signal, if you can't page.

the stand?   needs more cowbell

rated:
The local Hardee's here takes your order, gives u a number to put on your table and they bring it out. It's ok when ordering a single burger, but when I ordered a burger & chix sandwich and fries combo the bastiges brought me a lukewarm burger and fries. Someone else was buying otherwise they'd have been making me a new order. The classic double (big mac minus the middle bun) is pretty good since they use fried onions.
After Karl bought out Hardee the mushroom swiss burger became a 1/3 Burger..still great, but way more pricey.

rated:
The gold standard is in n out. If you don't have one, move.

rated:
burgerwars said:   

I was paged.

The Stand is great, definitely top 5.
LA and orange county have so many amazing burgers!!

rated:
i haven't tried it, but i keep hearing about "the habit." supposed to be pretty good. i guess it's based in OC, but we have a few in sandy eggo

rated:
morecowbell said:   i haven't tried it, but i keep hearing about "the habit." supposed to be pretty good. i guess it's based in OC, but we have a few in sandy eggo
the habit is badass
i think they started in santa barbara, but they're all over OC and have apparently spread quite far!
VERY good burger, but not quite on the gourmet level.
They have tempura fried green beans as a side and they're F'in magical.

rated:
Yep, The Habit is good, but The Stand is quite a bit better. If you don't want to spend that much, In-N-Out is always a good choice.

rated:
I'm taking notes for my next trip to the left coast.

rated:
scrouds said:   I'm taking notes for my next trip to the left coast.
you can get a glass of beer with your burger at burger lounge  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017