• filter:

is this too much

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
one of the few things i really value is the 100 gbs or so of photos of the family. so i have them on my computer, external hard drive, google photos, Amazon photos and some on dropbox. too much? i think not.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Hard to say without seeing some of the pics, eh?  On second thought, no, please no!  

rated:
I recommend you think down. Pick someone in your family and remove every picture of them.

rated:
if you're related to mila kunis, you should probably have more than pics and backups than that

rated:
morecowbell said:   if you're related to mila kunis, you should probably have more than pics and backups than that
  we're not related but that also makes it ok for me to have the photos i do...

rated:
miserly said:   i have them on my computer, external hard drive, google photos, Amazon photos and some on dropbox. too much? 
Too much dependence on tech. A few wrong keystrokes, accidental or malicious, and they could be wiped out forever. Not to mention some galactic event, gamma ray burst or intense solar flare could have a similar result. Best to have a hard copy of at least 10% of your collection and a lot higher percentage if you are so attached to them. There is a whole generation now growing old with photos that would pretty much evaporate after they die. Do you think their children will even look at pop's photo albums on his hard drive, let alone copy and store them for the next generation?

rated:
Yep. Lost plenty of backup external hard drives that did not function after the computer died. So at least make sure to verify external hard drives ever so often. As for drop box and google pics, will never trust them.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017