• filter:

Burgerwars in Melbourne (Australia, not Florida!)

  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
In August.  My second trip Down Under, but my first time in Melbourne.  Give me ideas.
Thanks.
 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
outback steakhouse

rated:
Say "Oy, mate, let's put some shrimp on the Barbie" so they have a good impression of all Americans. Ask all Australians if that is a digeridoo in their pocket or if they are just happy to see you.
G'day, mate!

rated:
I checked Outback Steakhouse in Australia. They only have eight locations down under, and none near where I'll be.  I'll have to settle for the ones in L.A.  When I was in Sydney years ago, I didn't get a chance to eat a kangaroo burger.  Maybe this time.

rated:
burgerwars said:    My second trip Down Under, but my first time in Melbourne.  
  Florida?

rated:
atikovi said:   burgerwars said:    My second trip Down Under, but my first time in Melbourne.  
  Florida?


Sydney. Also Auckland.

rated:
atikovi said:   
burgerwars said:    My second trip Down Under, but my first time in Melbourne.  
  Florida?

  Heh.. my sister lives there.

rated:
Melbourne Australia!

rated:
sublimosa said:   Say "Oy, mate, let's put some shrimp on the Barbie" so they have a good impression of all Americans. Ask all Australians if that is a digeridoo in their pocket or if they are just happy to see you.
G'day, mate!


I'm a bit rusty on my Australian. Maybe I can purchase some Rosseta Stone software to freshen up.

rated:
Mildly envious Have a meat pie or three.

rated:
Have many many Foster's.

Foster's, Australian for hamburgers.

rated:
Watch that a dingo is not eating your baby. 

rated:
One thing I'm not bringing back is Vegemite. I hate the stuff. It has all the enjoyment of eating toothpaste.

I think Australians secretly hate Vegemite. It's a plan they use to secretly dispose of nuclear waste one jar at a time. They pretend they crave it so tourists buy it and take it back home.

rated:
Watch a cricket match if you get a chance. A 20/20 should last only couple hours.. 3 i think.

rated:
sublimosa said:   Say "Oy, mate, let's put some shrimp on the Barbie" so they have a good impression of all Americans. Ask all Australians if that is a digeridoo in their pocket or if they are just happy to see you.
G'day, mate!

  it will help him surely

rated:
Melbourne Florida is actually a nice little place, coastal Florida town with a nice downtown.

rated:
The time has come. I'll be heading off to Melbourne soon. McKangaroo with Cheese next week.

rated:
Or the Koalaburger.

rated:
I think Kiwi McNuggets can be found on the Australian Dollar Menu, plus that's like .84 to the greenback.

rated:
don't forget the vegemite!

rated:
There's been a lot of jokes about eating Australian animals, but ostriches actually are raised for meat. Try to eat an ostrich burger.

rated:
One more thing: there's something that is on my bucket list, I would like to be driven out into the Australian desert in the middle of the night, blindfolded, so that at the right time I could take off the blindfold and look up into the night Sky with my fully dark-adjusted eyes. That is supposedly the most stars you will ever see in the night Sky.

rated:
I've arrived this morning.  I haven't had time yet to do the traditional McDonald's meal in every new major foreign city I visit, but here's a pic from around the corner of my hotel.  Australians often call McDonald's Macca's.

rated:
they're wearing jackets! don't they know it's summer?

this is shaping up to be like the staged moon landing

rated:
These Australians schedule winter in July and August. They do summer during Christmas. What's wrong with them? Actually, it's a break for me. There have been many 90 to 100 degree days this summer.

Tomorrow I'm taking a tour that includes Melbourne's famous little penguins.

rated:
burgerwars said:   These Australians schedule winter in July and August. They do summer during Christmas. What's wrong with them? Actually, it's a break for me. There have been many 90 to 100 degree days this summer.

Tomorrow I'm taking a tour that includes Melbourne's famous little penguins.
 


  You can't expect the folks who can't flush their toilet to the correct direction to get the seasons right.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/06/03/coriolis_eff...

rated:
enterkey said:   
burgerwars said:   These Australians schedule winter in July and August. They do summer during Christmas. What's wrong with them? Actually, it's a break for me. There have been many 90 to 100 degree days this summer.

Tomorrow I'm taking a tour that includes Melbourne's famous little penguins.


  You can't expect the folks who can't flush their toilet to the correct direction to get the seasons right.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/06/03/coriolis_eff...

  As long as my turds go down after eating my McMeals, I don't care about the Coriolis effect.  But as mentioned, the Coriolis effect has zero influence in a toilet.  The forces going on inside a toilet greatly exceed whatever the earth's rotation has.  If it did, there would be different toilets made for the Southern and Northern Hemispheres.  Install the wrong toilet, then it would be "Houston, we have a problem" each time you flush.

rated:
burgerwars said:   
enterkey said:   
burgerwars said:   These Australians schedule winter in July and August. They do summer during Christmas. What's wrong with them? Actually, it's a break for me. There have been many 90 to 100 degree days this summer.

Tomorrow I'm taking a tour that includes Melbourne's famous little penguins.


  You can't expect the folks who can't flush their toilet to the correct direction to get the seasons right.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/06/03/coriolis_eff...

  As long as my turds go down after eating my McMeals, I don't care about the Coriolis effect.  But as mentioned, the Coriolis effect has zero influence in a toilet.  The forces going on inside a toilet greatly exceed whatever the earth's rotation has.  If it did, there would be different toilets made for the Southern and Northern Hemispheres.  Install the wrong toilet, then it would be "Houston, we have a problem" each time you flush.
 

 A lot of things are opposite in the Southern hemisphere.  Can we truly not worry about the possibility where your turd comes upward instead of going downward as in the Northern world?

rated:
burgerwars said:   Australians often call McDonald's Macca's.

What do they call their McDowell's?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   burgerwars said:   Australians often call McDonald's Macca's.

What do they call their McDowell's?

Royale with Cheese?

rated:
I had my first kangaroo burger Wednesday night at Queen Victoria Market.  Hamburgers are better.  Roo meat doesn't have anywhere near the flavor of beef.  It's not bad, and I would eat one again if hungry with nothing else to eat, but an In-In-Out Burger, Fatburger, or The Stand Burger, beats it hands down.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017