• filter:

Random Thoughts 122: Summer edition

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Lawn needs water..
Lawn needs mowing..
Lawn needs some chemicals, etc to kill the damn clover leaves.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
mo mo mo mow your lawn

rated:
SilverII said:   mo mo mo mow your lawn
Gently down the lane
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Lawns are such a bane.

rated:
san diego needs water
san diego needs drought-tolerant plants
san diego needs rock gardens

rated:
Slow down, inhale the fresh air, enjoy life, and treasure freedom

rated:
I wouldn't mind having my lawn covered with clover.

rated:
morecowbell said:   san diego needs water

Hardscapes can make it hotter because they absorb and bounce heat.
Create a living wall!

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I wouldn't mind having my lawn covered with clover.
  When I was a kid our meticulous neighbors had dichondra planted as lawn. It was beautiful.

rated:
kirbydog said:   

Create a living wall!

the hardscape making it hotter is an interesting thought. but it doesn't get really "hot" where i live, so it may still be a good way to go. i have been wanting to do rocks and succulents  

rated:
heh heh hard places and succulents
okay, there was my effort to make FWOT more like it used to be

rated:
morecowbell said:   
kirbydog said:   

Create a living wall!

the hardscape making it hotter is an interesting thought. but it doesn't get really "hot" where i live, so it may still be a good way to go. i have been wanting to do rocks and succulents  

If you are patient the really great thing about many varieties of succulents is the ability to easily propagate them. There are neighbors in the area who gladly share and swap cuttings or small plantlets.

rated:
Can't sleep, clowns will eat me

rated:
thinking back, for some reason, the last few interviews that i got job offers for, i didn't really dress up or anything. in fact, for one i even dressed DOWN (i didn't want it...i knew i would turn them down). the ones i got all dolled up for, it was "thanks, but no thanks." the ones i just showed up in whatever i was wearing took me more seriously

rated:
Missed a bunny... saw it ran under the car but didn't feel the "bump" or see the splat in my rear view mirror. Was only going about 20mph at the time.

rated:
Why is dental and vision insurance separate from health insurance? Last i checked your moth and eyes were part of you.

rated:
because they need to have different ways to gouge you

rated:
kirbydog said:   morecowbell said:   
kirbydog said:   

Create a living wall!

If you are patient the really great thing about many varieties of succulents is the ability to easily propagate them. There are neighbors in the area who gladly share and swap cuttings or small plantlets.

I didn't think Colorado allowed you to grow your own.

rated:
Homemade cheesecake with fresh strawberries and raspberries waiting for me at home

rated:
how rude of you to go out and leave that poor cheesecake all alone waiting up for you!
Cheesecake needs to get out on the town and have fun, too!

rated:
Ugh!
cordless landline in tub (how it got there, no idea!) turned water on...
geesh not even going to try to save it.
At least I've never dropped my cell phone in the toilet.
(Of course, now I am not only tempting fate, I'm begging it to give me a smackdown!)

rated:
Dismantle as much as you can. Bury in uncooked rice for up to 48 hours.
If you can find *silica, all the better.

*those little keep-dry pouches that come with electronics and such.

rated:
overclock said:   
kirbydog said:   
morecowbell said:   
kirbydog said:   

Create a living wall!

I didn't think Colorado allowed you to grow your own.

There is a San Diego in Colorado now?

rated:
sublimosa said:   how rude of you to go out and leave that poor cheesecake all alone waiting up for you!

The cheesecake and I had a late night rendezvous.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
sublimosa said:   how rude of you to go out and leave that poor cheesecake all alone waiting up for you!

The cheesecake and I had a late night rendezvous.

"American Pie"?

rated:
I almost filled a paper grocery bag with receipts and statements from 2008-2011. WHY did I save everything? Why? I did find a few receipts that I wanted to keep, but everything else is headed to recycling.
The paper purge is as a result of having misplaced a W2 and a 1099 form from 2015 for a return I prepared. I can't believe I can't find them!! I have mine and all other years for that person except 2015. 

rated:

rated:
better link

hardly any effort

rated:
you callin me a psycho for posting the first one?

rated:
northjersey.com is not Drudge ready

rated:
well who is, really

rated:
If I get around to buying Resistonol.com, it will always be Drudge ready.

rated:
can I get a script for that, doc? I can't remember what it is for, but I'm sure it will improve my memory and help me sleep better, too! I know you're not really a doc, but as the sole creator/inventor, you should have script writing privileges!

rated:
Currently sitting on the front porch watching some deer in the yard.

rated:
So my niece recently moved to St. Louis. Having little kids, she asked her Echo, "Alexa, what time does the St. Louis Zoo open?" The answer? "Sorry, I don't have the business hours for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". It worked on ours, too. Try it! Amaz0n doesn't like the Mormons, I guess.

rated:
clowns ate me and I still can't sleep

rated:
i tried eating clowns before, but they tasted funny

rated:
I had a woman at work today in desperate straits and so low down and deep into her bad situation she was almost totally resistant to any little help I might be able to offer her.
I was equally horrified and desperately saddened by her situation and then angered by her refusal to take a step toward help. Everytime I would just start to make some headway in getting her to be proactive and take the little I was able to give her at that moment, she'd demand more (that I already informed her was not available) and then get totally helpless.
In the end I got her to take several numbers for other avenues of help and got her to agree to call back tomorrow during business hours. Our particular agency probably can't help her much, but I want to get her hooked up with a social worker who can get her in the right direction.
The lady kind a wrecked my day.
Wish me luck that she calls tomorrow.

rated:
Wish you luck with her, both for your sake and hers.
Hope her misfortune turns around, and she sees better days ahead.
You as well....

rated:
Had a house warming prayer service Saturday afternoon : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyanarayan_Puja
Following that was a backyard party for family and friends.. 70 people!!
After all of them left, we saw fireworks from porch.

rated:
sublimosa said:   I had a woman at work today in desperate straits and so low down and deep into her bad situation she was almost totally resistant to any little help I might be able to offer her.
I was equally horrified and desperately saddened by her situation and then angered by her refusal to take a step toward help. Everytime I would just start to make some headway in getting her to be proactive and take the little I was able to give her at that moment, she'd demand more (that I already informed her was not available) and then get totally helpless.
In the end I got her to take several numbers for other avenues of help and got her to agree to call back tomorrow during business hours. Our particular agency probably can't help her much, but I want to get her hooked up with a social worker who can get her in the right direction.
The lady kind a wrecked my day.
Wish me luck that she calls tomorrow.

The people who need the help the most are often the least capable of getting the help themselves. We have some friends who desperately needed some help and my wife told the mom what to do and how to respond. She started the process but was denied which was exactly what my wife said would happen. But you have to throw down and appeal then suddenly services are approved. Sadly the mom didn't appeal.

Skipping 317 Messages...
rated:
KayK said:   
enterkey said:   Leaving for Japan in 4 1/2 hours.
You go to Japan more than I go outside NJ!

omg...i'm so sorry to hear that! (the jersey thing)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017