• filter:

verizon's "grandfathered" unlimited vs new unlimited plans

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i googled this, and i see a bit of discussion on both sides about if the new unlimited is comparable to the "grandfathered" plans. however, i trust the FW community more than googling in the wild...

are there benefits to the new verizon unlimited plans that would make them better than the grandfathered ones? are they comparable? i am wondering if anyone experienced both and noticed differences

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I have quiet a bit. It turns out the newer plans are better. The newer plans use a newer technology (called bada-bing-bada-boom) to make downloads faster than the time it would take you to click red on this post. This makes it quiet a bit helpful when you're out handing out with Chris Christie on his not private yet so private beach. Then when you are flying back to Cali, you can take the new bada-bing-bada-boom powers to alternate between 2 girls 1 cup, tub girl and goatse all you want.. and thanks to bada-bing-bada-boom technology, all the videos will be in crystal clear 8K 240 Hz quality.. with 5.1 surround sound.

rated:
you had me going on for like 2 sentences :p

i was just wondering about the levels at which capping take place, and stuff like that. the newer plans are like $20 less, but i don't want to just get rid of the grandfathered one, which i would not be able to get back, and then find out that i made a mistake that $20 won't make up for

rated:
KayK said:    This makes it quiet a bit helpful when you're out handing out with Chris Christie on his not private yet so private beach.

He has to go to deserted beaches otherwise well meaning beach-goers try to return him to the ocean

rated:
I have the same concerns morecowbell. I have looked to FatWallet forums for advise, suggestions & recommendations for a long time. While the answers so far have been humorous, they haven't been helpful. I guess I will continue to wait for a few more answers

rated:
Howard forums......

rated:
there are forums outside of FW? 

rated:
How much data do you use in a month?

rated:
morecowbell said:   there are forums outside of FW? 
I've got to steal my jokes from somewhere.

rated:
overclock said:   How much data do you use in a month?
it just reset, but i am at like 8 gigs so far, maybe a few days into the cycle

rated:
morecowbell said:   overclock said:   How much data do you use in a month?

Ok, you need an intervention!!

That is too much pron.

rated:
morecowbell said:   overclock said:   How much data do you use in a month?

Are you archiving the Library of Congress on your phone? I've never used that much in one month ever.

If you seriously use more than 22 gigs a month then do not switch plans.

rated:
overclock said:   
morecowbell said:   
overclock said:   How much data do you use in a month?

Are you archiving the Library of Congress on your phone? I've never used that much in one month ever.

If you seriously use more than 22 gigs a month then do not switch plans.

that's the thing - i am looking to switch from one unlimited plan to another. i am just not sure if it's apples to apples, or apples to apple substitute  

and i am way past the library of congress. now the library asks me for my reference material

rated:
I believe the grandfathered unlimited plans are not slowed down at 22GB like the new unlimited plans (they tried to throttle unlimited before and the FCC got involved and said, no, people paid for unlimited you don't get to change what they signed up for). I am still on the grandfathered plan myself ... and ever since they upped the price on the grandfathered plans, I rarely ever turn on wi-fi on my phone ...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017