• filter:

4 car pile up

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was number 3. I assume this is how these be numbered as number 1 would be the instigator. Everyone is OK, just going to take time to deal with stuff. What a hassle. The CHP officer said he got 5 crashes in 10 minutes.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Sorry. Not enough distance? I guess it's CA standard.

rated:
sorry to hear. glad you're ok

rated:
Did ya hit the car in front of you before being hit in the back? Or were you hit in the back first, then ran into the car in front of you?

rated:
680? Too many blind crests on that road...

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Sorry. Not enough distance? I guess it's CA standard.
Bumper to bumper traffic caused by, you guessed it, another car accident about a mile up. Car. 1, rammed into 2 causing me to bump into 4.
So keep a car length distance at less than 5mph traffic? That's your suggestion?

rated:
101?
Glad you are ok enough to post about it. 
Keeping distance ahead of you is impossible unless other vehicles do the same. The entitled drivers who cut into that space, cut over without a signal  or weave in and out of lanes are sometimes the cause of accidents. Idiots, every one.

rated:
miserly said:   
 Car. 1, rammed into 2 causing me to bump into 4.

Either I don't get the new math or something is missing. If nobody rammed into you, #3, and you bumped into 4, that's your fault for following too close.

rated:
miserly said:   ZenNUTS said:   Sorry. Not enough distance? I guess it's CA standard.
Bumper to bumper traffic caused by, you guessed it, another car accident about a mile up. Car. 1, rammed into 2 causing me to bump into 4.
So keep a car length distance at less than 5mph traffic? That's your suggestion?

I've bee trying real hard to keep adequate spacing in traffic. It's just hard to accept that people will cut you off for being safe. I try not to let it bother me, but that's a work in progress.

rated:
atikovi said:   
miserly said:   

Either I don't get the new math or something is missing. If nobody rammed into you, #3, and you bumped into 4, that's your fault for following too close.

car 1 was the instigator. miserly was car 3. he just didn't spell out all the dominos, as he already gave the overview  

rated:
And no pigs were involved. Though I think 2 if the cars had dogs.

Ans thanks all. Everyone requires no immediate medical attention at this time.

rated:
Pics or it didn't happen.

If no pics, then a refrigerator quality drawing is required.

rated:
Did ya have any empty child seats in the car? Cha Ching!

rated:
scrouds said:   I try not to let it bother me, but that's a work in progress.

By the look of your avatar, does not look like you are succeeding.

rated:
atikovi said:   Did ya have any empty child seats in the car? Cha Ching!
Empty prior to, or after the accident?

rated:
Glad that there is no loss of life... Things can be repaired or replaced

rated:
ocean935 said:   scrouds said:   I try not to let it bother me, but that's a work in progress.

One of these days I'll get back to a computer to change it

rated:
scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

Denied! You lost a bet, and duration was not part of the terms.

rated:
scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

Promises! Promises!

rated:
ganda said:   
scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

C'mon! If you are the winner of some silly bet, please be kind to the rest of us. To put it kindly, the avatar is grating on the nerves (and I have nerves of steel).

rated:
ganda said:   scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

I agree. I lost a bet, the terms of which required me to change my avatar. Which I did. As you stated, duration was not part of the terms.

rated:
Legally speaking, if duration was not included in the terms, having met the stipulation, you could change the avatar again after all of 1 second has elapsed.

rated:

sketch (113.29kB)
Disclaimer
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Pics or it didn't happen.

If no pics, then a refrigerator quality drawing is required.

i hope this is good enough for your refrigerator

rated:
scrouds said:   
ganda said:   
scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

I agree. I lost a bet, the terms of which required me to change my avatar. Which I did. As you stated, duration was not part of the terms.

You've gone from one crybaby to another.

rated:
Oh, man. What a relief!

rated:
ganda said:   scrouds said:   
ganda said:   
scrouds said:   
ocean935 said:   

You've gone from one crybaby to another.

It's done, get over yourself now

rated:
it always comes down to someone not liking the new POTUS. like him or not like him, i seriously doubt he caused miserly's accident

rated:
morecowbell said:   it always comes down to someone not liking the new POTUS. like him or not like him, i seriously doubt he caused miserly's accident
  i have no doubts he personally caused it. only his tweets will tell...

rated:
miserly said:   
morecowbell said:   it always comes down to someone not liking the new POTUS. like him or not like him, i seriously doubt he caused miserly's accident
  i have no doubts he personally caused it. only his tweets will tell...

Did you find any?

rated:
atikovi said:   miserly said:   

Says the guy that doesn't apply his brakes because the road is flat.

rated:
^i missed that one!

rated:
morecowbell said:   ^i missed that one!Are brake lights required when you are stopped? 

rated:
Totally different scenarios.

rated:
atikovi said:   Totally different scenarios.
that's the thing about accidents - you can't plan where and when they happen. and what the scenario will be

judge rules for green for overclock's quip   

rated:
Does a fender bender involving 4 cars really constitute a "Pile up"? I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Lots of blood and screaming and maybe an explosion or two. Fake News! SAD!

rated:
clangle said:   Does a fender bender involving 4 cars really constitute a "Pile up"? I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Lots of blood and screaming and maybe an explosion or two. Fake News! SAD!
Well, until there is a definition of pile up, this is it! And there will be screaming because insurance companies are involved now.

rated:
Definition of pileup

1. 1:  a collision involving usually several motor vehicles

Examples of pileup in a Sentence

1. A five-car pileup slowed traffic.

rated:
So this was just a small gathering.

rated:
a small gathering of cars piled up

rated:
clangle said:   Does a fender bender involving 4 cars really constitute a "Pile up"? I was expecting something a little more dramatic. Lots of blood and screaming and maybe an explosion or two. Fake News! SAD!
it could definitely be fake news if the last time it happened it was not a pile up, but then this time it happened and it's a pile up  

Skipping 20 Messages...
rated:
miserly said:   got a message from the insurance company from driver #1. he said they sent a check for the $1800 and change. Thsi is the KBB value for the car at highest condition. i guess i'll just take that. i suppose the FWF way would be to negotiate for more, but i don't really feel like spending more time on this.
I bumped an offer from the gecko $1k with a couple hours of work.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017