• filter:

Kindle Fire tablet stolen upon delivery

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So yesterday evening ordered couple of 8" Fire HDs using Prime Now.  Wasn't home to receive the delivery so the delivery person supposedly left it between the two front doors at 6:30pm (storm door and main entry door which like 10 inches apart).  Got home an hour later and all I found was an empty brown bag.  Someone had swiped the devices and just left the bag there for me as a gift.  Called Amzn and they promptly refunded me the full amt and disabled the devices.  First time even anything stolen from my property.  I suspect that the delivery person took them for himself/herself or working with a crew who steal these items as soon as they're delivered.  The brown bags are only sealed with a delivery label which can easily been peeled off to see what's inside the bag.  Amazn said that they'll make a notes to see if there is pattern of stolen merchandise made by the same delivery person.  I'll think about twice before ordering from Amzn Prime now.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I smell BS.

You ordered something yesterday evening. And it got delivered yesterday evening.

And why would Amazon say that they'll can see if there's a pattern with the same delivery person?

How the heck would know what route a particular USPS person takes?

rated:
ach1199 said:   So yesterday evening ordered couple of 8" Fire HDs using Prime Now.  Wasn't home to receive the delivery so the delivery person supposedly left it between the two front doors at 6:30pm (storm door and main entry door which like 10 inches apart).  Got home an hour later and all I found was an empty brown bag.  Someone had swiped the devices and just left the bag there for me as a gift.  Called Amzn and they promptly refunded me the full amt and disabled the devices.  First time even anything stolen from my property.  I suspect that the delivery person took them for himself/herself or working with a crew who steal these items as soon as they're delivered.  The brown bags are only sealed with a delivery label which can easily been peeled off to see what's inside the bag.  Amazn said that they'll make a notes to see if there is pattern of stolen merchandise made by the same delivery person.  I'll think about twice before ordering from Amzn Prime now.
  Porch pirates
nationwide issue

It is however curious to order something with expedited delivery then not be available to accept delivery.

rated:
Maybe the police can lift prints from the bag.

rated:
KayK said:   I smell BS.

You ordered something yesterday evening. And it got delivered yesterday evening.

And why would Amazon say that they'll can see if there's a pattern with the same delivery person?

How the heck would know what route a particular USPS person takes?

I guess you never heard of AMZN prime, you know the service where they use every day Joe/Jane to deliver the packages in two hrs?

rated:
george2001 said:   Maybe the police can lift prints from the bag.

Maybe, someone has already lifted tablets from it.

rated:

I talked to police and said that it's not big enough of the crime for them to spent an resources on so they took down the report as a record only.

rated:
ach1199 said:   

I talked to police and said that it's not big enough of the crime for them to spent an resources on so they took down the report as a record only.

Whoa, where do you live?! Someone stole ~$20 of parking meter quarters out of my (unlocked) car and the police dusted for prints. BTW that "dust" is a &#!#* to remove.

rated:
Chicago area

rated:
Amazon was very helpful when a item delivered to my house I did not find it at my door. They sent another.

Several days later I did find the first item they sent. The courier they used threw the item over my backyard fence. I found the box wet in the mud, but the contents was ok. Amazon just said keep it. It wasn't a high value item.

rated:
ach1199 said:   Chicago area
in that case, they probably took down your information on their new tablets. they won't find any prints on the bags...cops know to wear gloves  

rated:
morecowbell said:   ach1199 said:   Chicago area
in that case, they probably took down your information on their new tablets. they won't find any prints on the bags...cops know to wear gloves  

Ha ha

rated:
I wouldn't have anything delivered to my house without someone home. Use an Amazon locker or deliver it to your work if they are ok with it.

Also, time to put up a camera.

rated:
Prime Now does not deliver to lockers. Cam is a good suggestion.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I wouldn't have anything delivered to my house without someone home. Use an Amazon locker or deliver it to your work if they are ok with it.

Also, time to put up a camera.

Or he can just pick it up in the Kindle aisle at his local Whole Foods.   

rated:
ach1199 said:   Prime Now does not deliver to lockers. Cam is a good suggestion.
there's a good deal on cams on Amazon. let me know what day it's gonna be delivered to your porch  

rated:
morecowbell said:   let me know what day it's gonna be delivered to your porch
Seems like it should show up about 90 minutes from now...

rated:
ganda said:   
ach1199 said:   

Whoa, where do you live?! Someone stole ~$20 of parking meter quarters out of my (unlocked) car and the police dusted for prints. BTW that "dust" is a &#!#* to remove.

Yours could've been one in a larger series of thefts in the area.

rated:
ach1199 said:   Prime Now does not deliver to lockers. Cam is a good suggestion.
Prime next day doesn't deliver to lockers either. They'll deliver it to my house but not a locker.

rated:
overclock said:   
Prime next day doesn't deliver to lockers either. They'll deliver it to my house but not a locker.

About Lockers 

Amazon Locker Eligible ItemsYour items can be delivered to an Amazon Locker if they’re sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com, meet the size/weight limits, and if the Amazon Locker you select will have room for your order when it arrives.
Locker is full: Some Amazon Lockers are very popular and may be full when your package arrives. These locations will appear grayed out on the map, which means that they are not currently accepting orders.
Item is ineligible: Your order will be eligible for Amazon Locker delivery, if your shipment:

• Has a shipping weight less than 20 lbs
  • Has product dimensions smaller than 19 x 12 x 14 inches
  • Is sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com
  • Is valued at less than $5,000
  • Contain no hazardous materials
  • Is not a Subscribe & Save item
  • Does not contain items shipping from other countries
  • Does not contain items for Release-Date Delivery

Note:

• There is no additional fee for using an Amazon Locker.
  • Standard Shipping and FREE shipping may be unavailable at some Amazon Lockers.
  • Same-Day Delivery and One-Day Shipping are available in select areas only.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017