• filter:

morecowbell in san francisco

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i am already here. did a bunch of work, and it looks like i will finish ahead of time. like, tomorrow morning

unfortunately, i was not able to get tix for alcatraz. i had hoped to catch a friend in oakland (from the deals site that lost me to FW ), but she has to work. luckily i saw her a couple weeks ago. but i digress

i hope to catch a local beer place. i fly back home on friday. 1 day is definitely not enough for this town, but when it's on the company dime, i can't really complain

(and no, the beer is not on the company dime)

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
If you have a car the views from Battery Spencer over the bridge in Sausalito are epic. Fog permitting.

rated:
Enjoying the fruits of your labor are ya.

rated:
Whereabouts in the city are you?

rated:
i'm staying near the airport

rated:
morecowbell said:   i'm staying near the airport
  hmm, not much to do in South SF.

rated:
kirbydog said:   

(more)Cow(bell) Palace

rated:
ganda said:   
kirbydog said:   

(more)Cow(bell) Palace

Kinda close, I suppose. Cow Palace is in Daly City.

rated:
I can relate. When I was. In Chicago last month, I stayed near the airport. Hated it.
MCB, next time you're. In the city, try to not stay near the airport. And let us. Know,. So we. Can take you to the. Right. Part. Of town.

rated:
well, i am staying at the airport just to make the flight back. i hoped to see my friend in oakland, but that's a no go. right now, i'm in concord having some of their mexican fare. i am done with work, so i am gonna try the battery park thing that ganda mentioned (missed it my last trip, too, but wanted to see) and at least one brewery

rated:
morecowbell said:   well, i am staying at the airport just to make the flight back. i hoped to see my friend in oakland, but that's a no go. right now, i'm in concord having some of their mexican fare. i am done with work, so i am gonna try the battery park thing that ganda mentioned (missed it my last trip, too, but wanted to see) and at least one brewery
  Concord has Mexican food?? If you are driving, best to get out of Dodge asap to miss the worst of commute traffic. If using BART, it's a piece of cake.

rated:
thanks for the tip. after these chilaquiles, i am audi

rated:
Good choice, it's nice up there. It's kind of counter intuitive to get to there, after you've crossed the bridge you have to make a left underneath 101.

rated:
View from Twin Peaks is quite spectacular, but it is usually very windy so plan ahead.

rated:
man, you're all over the place. concord? next time maybe fly in n out of OAK. might be easier.

rated:
miserly said:   man, you're all over the place. concord? next time maybe fly in n out of OAK. might be easier.
  In-N-Out is in Pinole at Fitzgerald Dr. if you drove that way from Concord back to SF.

rated:
Also, there is a Ghost Ship tribute ship in the water in Emeryville! Ghost Ship warehouse fire in Oakland took the lives of 36 people. 
Ghost Ship tribute installation in Emeryville

rated:
miserly said:   man, you're all over the place. concord? next time maybe fly in n out of OAK. might be easier.
i was out a few weeks ago and flew into OAK. it was nice, but the hotels in oakland were pretty spendy. for some reason, SF seems more reasonable

my jobs are hard to gauge until i get on-site and see them. so unfortunately sometimes i just can't say how much time i will have from one trip to the next. last night's job was in and out really quickly, which has afforded me my free status  

rated:
Week day hotel rates near OAK must be nutty-high. If you were here around the NBA Finals games, the room rates were probably high then as well (second week in June).

rated:
kirbydog said:   View from Twin Peaks is quite spectacular, but it is usually very windy so plan ahead.
  The restaurant?

rated:
here are some pics i took of my travel companion

ETA note to self: the pics upload in the opposite order that i would expect

(limo: my travel companion is my FW water bottle)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017