• filter:

cawfee tawk part 2 - how many cups?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
no, not 2 girls, 1 cup

how many cups does it take to get you going? it generally takes 2 for me. on days that i skip, or try to skip, i try to get the equivalent (or a little less) elsewhere. like coke, dr pepper, or mt dew

i tried tea a while back. failed miserably it never worked for me

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
2 big mugs of strong black tea to get going. None after ~2PM or I don't stop going. Decaf tea, like decaf Coke, is nasty.

rated:
one to two, if I'm working with someone else, only one. At home, depends on the day usually only one but lately two (pot makes two cups).

rated:
one or two. depends if i have time to get more or not.

rated:
ganda said:   2 big mugs of strong black tea to get going. None after ~2PM or I don't stop going. Decaf tea, like decaf Coke, is nasty.
  Decaf anything is disgusting. A few years ago, before I started drinking coffee and tea was still my thing, I was trying to cut down on the caffeine so bought the decaf tea. It was nasty as you say and I only ended up using three or four tea bags at a time so kinda ruined the point, anyway. Although I did and still do (on the rare occasion I still drink tea) use two regular tea bags.
Bags or loose tea?

rated:
On weekends I usually drink the full French press amount, which I think is 28 oz. At work I have a 12 oz commuter tumblerful that I don't always get the opportunity to finish before it's cold or too late in the day. The tumbler rules Klean Kanteen)! Stays hot hot for about 5 hours.

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   2 big mugs of strong black tea to get going. None after ~2PM or I don't stop going. Decaf tea, like decaf Coke, is nasty.
  Decaf anything is disgusting. A few years ago, before I started drinking coffee and tea was still my thing, I was trying to cut down on the caffeine so bought the decaf tea. It was nasty as you say and I only ended up using three or four tea bags at a time so kinda ruined the point, anyway. Although I did and still do (on the rare occasion I still drink tea) use two regular tea bags.
Bags or loose tea?

Bags brewed in the mug. I am a peasant.

rated:
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

Loose tea leaves for me. I have read in several places that the tea sold in tea bags is what is leftover after loose tea is gathered. I use disposable tea bags from the Japanese grocery store, but other stores sell them as well. disposable bags
I do a blend for my guy of chamomile flowers, peppermint and spearmint that he likes. We have a blend that also has red rooibos and hibiscus. For myself I like tea, not stuff that is steeped and called tea.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

Loose tea leaves for me. I have read in several places that the tea sold in tea bags is what is leftover after loose tea is gathered.

The vast majority of tea is sold in bags, so that must be a seriously inefficient process! Sounds like you've read some tea snobbery to me

(we have some planks of wood left after making all the saw dust)

rated:

rated:
ganda said:   
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

Loose tea leaves for me. I have read in several places that the tea sold in tea bags is what is leftover after loose tea is gathered.

The vast majority of tea is sold in bags, so that must be a seriously inefficient process! Sounds like you've read some tea snobbery to me

Maybe some snobbery except that loose leaves I buy are usually bigger pieces of leaves which is supposed to be preferable for brewing over tea leaf dust and stems. I like adagio.com but sometimes order from another place, whose name presently escapes me. I also splurged big time on tea from The Mariage Freres.

rated:
ganda said:   kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

I dont doubt the vast majority of tea in America is bagged, but what about India/China/Japan/England etc? I'd think we barely drink any compared to them.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
ganda said:   
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

Maybe some snobbery except that loose leaves I buy are usually bigger pieces of leaves which is supposed to be preferable for brewing over tea leaf dust and stems. I like adagio.com but sometimes order from another place, whose name presently escapes me. I also splurged big time on tea from The Mariage Freres.

It is the same leaves cut up so the tea brews faster, as tea bag users are an impatient bunch. Use tea bags in a multi serving pot and you'll get tannin overload from steeped too long tea. Which I happen to like but that's beside the point.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   
Bags or loose tea?

I dont doubt the vast majority of tea in America is bagged, but what about India/China/Japan/England etc? I'd think we barely drink any compared to them.

It is certainly true in England. I drink English tea, well an English brand. I can't imagine tea bags being popular in Japan but I don't know.

Anyway, stop hijacking a coffee thread.

rated:
Here's how much of a heathen I am-not only do I prefer bagged tea, but I like CHEAP black bagged tea. Think store brand. (I like Wegmans). With one exception-Lipton makes the nastiest tea on the planet. ALWAYS bitter.

rated:
i am astounded at how many times tea bags have been mentioned without jokes in pursuit

rated:
morecowbell said:   i am astounded at how many times tea bags have been mentioned without jokes in pursuit
Thats a joke for mental 10 year olds. I'm at least 11, maybe 12. Boobies lol!

rated:
morecowbell said:   i am astounded at how many times tea bags have been mentioned without jokes in pursuit

If that's your scene you should head to San Francisco.

rated:
i'm back in SD now. the scene here is no slouch

rated:
That must be a regional TBing thing, you can slouch and strain (but not stew) up in SF, I assumed that's why you made the trip. Cheaper than going to Thailand.

rated:
not that anything is wrong with that. SF, that is. there are other implications with thailand that may have things wrong with them

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017