• filter:

Sears Prime Day special

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
i dunno how well that will do. so many stores are willing to price match these days

rated:
Buy any five pairs of socks, get a Kmart store free.

rated:
surprised you could find a Sears still open to get that pic

rated:
Mine has broken escalators up to the 2nd floor broken for 2-3 months. To get up, you have to find the little elevator (with no signs telling you this), and fight the crowds to get up there. The crowds is usually a homeless guy.

rated:
I asked Sears who backed their extended warranties.  I was "assured" that Sears was still going strong and  would always have a presence (like the ghost of a dead person?)..  The person's first name was Ryder, so it's probably not a coincidence.

rated:
Really Unbeatable

rated:
I have gotten some pretty decent deal on cordless yard tools in the last year or so from Sears. Lately, their discount system seems to be messed up and nothing stack anymore and can't even apply a single "clipped coupon" in the shopping cart.

So, the death watch continues.

rated:
i remember going there when i was a kid and my dad would get tools. it was THE place to get tools, and everything was made in USA, lifetime warranty, etc. now it still has the lifetime warranty, but you really have to look for the made in USA stuff. even snap-on and cornwell went that route. i find myself looking more to dewalt for my needs

rated:
morecowbell said:   i remember going there when i was a kid and my dad would get tools. it was THE place to get tools, and everything was made in USA, lifetime warranty, etc. now it still has the lifetime warranty, but you really have to look for the made in USA stuff. even snap-on and cornwell went that route. i find myself looking more to dewalt for my needs
Maybe most DeWalt power tools are at least assembled in the USA, but their hand tools seem to be supplied by Apex Tool, a joint venture between parent company Stanley and Danaher.  However Apex seems to produce decent quality, at least at their Taiwan factories.  Apex also produces Lowe's Kobalt, Home Depot Husky, and Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Pro (I don't know about plain Pittsburgh).  

rated:
i do see some dewalt stuff that is made or assembled elsewhere. i am talking about the stuff marked "made in USA," or something like that

i know that these days you have to be vigilant if you care where your stuff comes from. and then there's labeling practices, and having to jump through hoops to make sure stuff is right. it's hard just to buy stuff these days

rated:
Dewalt is interesting. Black and decker needed a new name, as they trashed their name with consumer level crap, so they bought Dewalt.

People say on the internets that they fixed their issue and make decent tools. Lately I look for made in Taiwan at Harbor freight and Amazon for a good mix of value and quality.

rated:
i don't have a problem with taiwan. china does, but that's not related at all

rated:
morecowbell said:   i know that these days you have to be vigilant if you care where your stuff comes from. and then there's labeling practices, and having to jump through hoops to make sure stuff is right. it's hard just to buy stuff these days
Then there are companies that import what are basically kits for final assembly.  My car's "made" in USA starter motor is like that, and there were kits for TVs -- Curtis-Mathis, a company that long sold console TVs, quit making their own designs and merely assembled kits made in Japan by NEC, and Panasonic had a big factory in Schaumberg, Illinois that was a kit factory.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017