• filter:

Why are we forced to explain why voting red?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Why aren't we also forced to explain why voting green, too?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Who is forcing you? The force?

rated:

rated:
discretion said:   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/1575527
That does not even make sense within the context of the question.

Is someone holding you hostage? Answer with a non-sequitur if it's true, then we can send the in the cavalry.

rated:
It peeves me slightly when people who never contribute to a discussion ONLY contribute by voting red. I'm not going to say where (politics thread) and I'm not telling who (wdsaltman). There's a ton of red and green over there, and I don't worry about it, but I wish people would join the conversation instead of just silently redding. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

rated:
I give you purple.

rated:
No reason for red in OT. Everyone in this thread gets red!

rated:
Except you

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Except you
Bless your heart.. but.. you did say "Except you"

rated:
because giving green is nice, and nobody is discouraged by it. giving red, on the other hand, makes people wonder why the deal was given red. and since this is a deals site, they want to encourage people to share their deals. if people just do drive-by reds, then you could potentially get 10 reds that have no real reason except the person is a jerk, and then maybe 1 or 2 from people who thought the deal was not a good one

because of the anonymity, people feel they can go around and be jerks with no repercussion. if they have to give a reason each time they give red, they would be discouraged because the instant gratification is no longer there. now being a jerk is also an investment of time

rated:
morecowbell said:   because giving green is nice, and nobody is discouraged by it. giving red, on the other hand, makes people wonder why the deal was given red. and since this is a deals site, they want to encourage people to share their deals. if people just do drive-by reds, then you could potentially get 10 reds that have no real reason except the person is a jerk, and then maybe 1 or 2 from people who thought the deal was not a good one

because of the anonymity, people feel they can go around and be jerks with no repercussion. if they have to give a reason each time they give red, they would be discouraged because the instant gratification is no longer there. now being a jerk is also an investment of time

I guess I will have to explain myself for giving reds. It's all fine and dandy, but if this is a serious topic it should be discussed in Fatwallet Forum, or other fatwallet forum with integrity. Off topic is not for serious topics.

rated:
discretion said:   Why aren't we also forced to explain why voting green, too?
Sorry for Redding you. My thought process is that nobody has to justify what they feel. I did not think your post was productive for FWOT, so I proceeded to rate your post negatively.

Cheerios

rated:
discretion said:   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/1575527
Sorry for Redding you. I do not think that the link you provided addresses the issues of this post. It is very confusing for my little brain.

Cheerios.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I give you purple.
Sorry for greening you. I liked the humour in your post. Purple! Hilarious 😂 😂😂😂

Cheerios

rated:
KayK said:   No reason for red in OT. Everyone in this thread gets red!
Sorry for Redding you. I don't think you should be mean to people in this board and hurt their feelings with your Redding. That is my reason for Redding you.

Cheerios.

rated:
KayK said:   Kandykornhead said:   Except you
Bless your heart.. but.. you did say "Except you"

Sorry for Redding you. You are making fun to a man of service to the Lord. I don't think that is nice, and that is the reason I redded you.

Cheerios.

rated:
Ok. Feel much better after telling people why I redded them. Good therapy.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   
morecowbell said:   because giving green is nice, and nobody is discouraged by it. giving red, on the other hand, makes people wonder why the deal was given red. and since this is a deals site, they want to encourage people to share their deals. if people just do drive-by reds, then you could potentially get 10 reds that have no real reason except the person is a jerk, and then maybe 1 or 2 from people who thought the deal was not a good one

I guess I will have to explain myself for giving reds. It's all fine and dandy, but if this is a serious topic it should be discussed in Fatwallet Forum, or other fatwallet forum with integrity. Off topic is not for serious topics.

i actually thought she was asking about this for hot deals. the explanation is not necessary in the thread. but i agree about the FW forum thing. although, FWOT seems like a "nothing off limits" place  

rated:
discretion said:   Why are we forced to explain why voting red?
Because you touch yourself at night.

rated:
Ok. After my last bout with negative Millenium Buc, I went ahead and gave everyone green!!!!! Joy to the world

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   

MilleniumBuc, King of FWOT
@@
what uh, you know, crawled up somewhere and died?

rated:
I think mcb's response was darn good, but then we all know I'm trying to get him to marry me.

rated:
sublimosa said:   MilleniumBuc said:   

MilleniumBuc, King of FWOT
@@
what uh, you know, crawled up somewhere and died?

What? FWOT is just my prescribed medication.

rated:
sublimosa said:   I think mcb's response was darn good, but then we all know I'm trying to get him to marry me.

rated:
sublimosa said:   I think mcb's response was darn good, but then we all know I'm trying to get him to marry me.
  I greened you because I want to be invited to the wedding.

rated:
enterkey said:   
  I greened you because I want to be invited to the wedding.

that would be a hoot. KKH officiating. abbyn can do the brides hair.

rated:
scrouds said:   

Honey, don't be sad! You'll always be my bit on the side.

rated:
Is it OK to red without an explanation if you happen to live in Redding, CA?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Ok. Feel much better after telling people why I redded them. Good therapy.
  Because you smells and your mommy dress you funny.

rated:
george2001 said:   Is it OK to red without an explanation if you happen to live in Redding, CA?

Whoa. It's like the x files. That's where u got into my 4 car pile up. And that wasn't redded.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Ok. Feel much better after telling people why I redded them. Good therapy.
  Because you smells and your mommy dress you funny.

Yes, and then took me to Olan Mills to keep it that way forever.

rated:
george2001 said:   Is it OK to red without an explanation if you happen to live in Redding, CA?
i guess you also wouldn't have much choice if you were noel redding  

rated:
Just honestly tell the mods that the post was made by a pedophile Nazi.  That's always my reason for voting red.

rated:
KK, you brilliant bastard

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017