• filter:

Why I never shop at Whole Foods

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not a bargain.  Also extremely cruel:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:

rated:
morecowbell said:   like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zCO4j4MrxE

I can live to be 100, and I will never get tired of using that line each time the girls are pushing those crack cookies outside Safeway.

rated:

rated:

rated:
Meh, still shopping for cheese and bread and fruit/veggies and some meats there, WF is excellent at those. I think a lot of people who hate on WF don't want to drive the 6 hours from Possum Scrotum Hollow to the store nearest them. This might change with Amazon's distribution network.

rated:
i hate on WF because trader joe's exists. good food that i can afford

rated:
I shop at TJ too, but they can't compete with WF on bread (TJ don't bake on site), cheese (TJ don't teach their employees to clean the cheesecutters properly, the number of times TJ cheese has gone bad prematurely...), TJ don't have butchers on site...

Some TJ items are great. The frozen Gruyere/Ham/Onion flatbreads and $6 (!) lemon meringue pies are superb

eta: and the chicken samosas

rated:
Hating on whole foods? Lemme see what I've got in my bag.

How about....

Whole foods sells cheese made by prison slave labor

rated:
ganda said:   I shop at TJ too, but they can't compete with WF on bread (TJ don't bake on site), cheese (TJ don't teach their employees to clean the cheesecutters properly, the number of times TJ cheese has gone bad prematurely...), TJ don't have butchers on site...

Some TJ items are great. The frozen Gruyere/Ham/Onion flatbreads and $6 (!) lemon meringue pies are superb

eta: and the chicken samosas

i dunno about other locations, but the WF in hillcrest (SD) has a bar. that would be a plus for me  

rated:
soundtechie said:   Hating on whole foods? Lemme see what I've got in my bag.

How about....

Again Meh, I drive past a "correctional facility dairy farm" quite regularly, and if I was a prisoner I'd rather be doing that being than being locked in a cell. They can pay back society an artisanal cheese at a time

rated:
yeah, i was debating whether that would be a plus for me. then i didn't wanna seem like a troll. then i thought i already overthought it

rated:
soundtechie said:   Hating on whole foods? Lemme see what I've got in my bag.

How about....

Pessimist.  Whole foods sells cheese made by workers who are highly literate and spend a lot of time reading.  

rated:
They are expensive and overrated at times, but you can find almost anything you want in one spot rather than trekking all over the city. They have a great selection of organic produce.  It's really hard to distinguish what's worth buying and what's not.

rated:
billmangelo said:   They are expensive and overrated at times, but you can find almost anything you want in one spot rather than trekking all over the city. They have a great selection of organic produce.  It's really hard to distinguish what's worth buying and what's not.
I shop at WF fairly often. The produce quality is generally excellent. Sometimes items are overpriced, but other times the same or cheaper than discount stores, especially if you catch a good sale or buy their store brands. 

rated:
Can I shop at Partial Foods and get cheaper prices?

rated:
george2001 said:   Can I shop at Partial Foods and get cheaper prices?
Www.walmart.com

rated:
george2001 said:   Can I shop at Partial Foods and get cheaper prices?
  Top of the Muffin to You! will sell you partial foods:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017