• filter:

eBay seller mistake - wrong product

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So this morning the seller emails me this message:

"Hi Ron,
I just noticed that I sent you my pack jacket instead of the pack it jacket which you purchased. Would you please return when you receive it. I will refund the shipping cost and send you the the right one.

Thanks and sorry for the mixup.

Rich"
Assuming the size is the same, the mistake would be in my favor.  Already enroute to me today is the more expensive product.
I'm not sure if this is some kind of eBay scam I haven't heard of yet.

What would you do?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Ask him to ship you the correct one, and either send you a return shipping label, or pay you up front for the shipping cost.
Also make sure you are "returning" to the "shipped from" address, and not to some third party.

rated:
I haven't responded to him yet but I get this email from him about 1.5 hours later after the first one.

"Hi, I just checked and you can send the package back at no cost if you don't open it. Just send me the tracking number and I will send out the pack jacket."

rated:
What is a pack jacket? What is a pack it jacket? Euphemism for protection?

rated:
tach it up, pack it up, buddy, gonna shut you down

rated:
This happened to me as a seller; I had a few things to mail and I mixed two items up with shipping labels. What I did when I realized it, I emailed both buyers, told them not to open the package but wait for a postage label, stick it on the old one and mail forward. Both eventually got to the correct buyers. It did cost me some extra but I was lucky to have nice buyers who both worked with me getting them to mail on.
It can be an honest mistake like in my case. Hope it works out in your case

rated:
Thanks for reading.
This is what I emailed the seller (through eBay) just now:

"Hi. Sorry for the slow reply.

If you don't mind, I'd like to wait until I receive the product that I paid for before shipping this item back. As far as eBay knows, you already shipped me what I order.

Unfortunately what we are doing now is working outside of the system. I will gladly send you the Pack Jacket box (which I haven't opened yet) once I get my Pack-It Jacket.

How does the return happen at that point? Do I mark "Return to Sender" or what?"

rated:
atikovi said:   What is a pack jacket? What is a pack it jacket? Euphemism for protection?
  Euphemisms:  He's a midnight golfer

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017