• filter:

Word of the Day July 24 2017

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It was really the wotd for June 30, but who's keeping track?

Definitions for divagate
list of 2 items
1. to wander; stray.
2. to digress in speech.
list end

Citations for divagate
block quote
I divagate without discipline--my mind runs all over ... A. S. Byatt, Possession, 1990
block quote end
block quote
But, vague vagabond, you will seem to divagate, while in reality you will keep both eyes open and your ears pricked. Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day
Before, translated by William Weaver, 1995
block quote end
 Origin of divagate
Latin
1590-1600
Divagate comes from Latin dīvagātus, the past participle of dīvagārī meaning “to wander off.” It entered English in the late 1500s.

http://www.dictionary.com/wordoftheday/2017/06/30/divagate 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
PS I read Possession by A.S. Byatt

rated:
nicki minaj and shia lebeouf are fighting it out for the title in divagate 2017

rated:
It's a shame that someone had to divagate on my neighbors front porch. No courtesy to at least place it there in a bag.

rated:
The Washington Post is reporting that Mariah Carey is actually reasonable and grounded. Divagate

rated:
Dude, that Heidi vag ate

ok, I'll go

rated:
All entrants in the diving competition must enter through the diva gate.

rated:
When I took a four week course in golf back in high school, I made so many divots they blocked the entrance onto the green. We called it the divagate.

rated:
Got an Oculus Rift? And a terrible driver? Why not navigate with new 3Divagate, your first 5 collisions are free!

rated:
I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho, Divakeymaster of Gozer. Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia.  Are you the Divagatekeeper?

rated:
Grandpappy always said "We must not divagate from the truth! For the truth will set you free!"

rated:
Di VA gate connected to di TE gate,
Di TE gate connected to di AR gate,
Di AR gate connected to di OK gate,
Now hear di word of di Lord.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017