• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Word of the Day
Thursday, July 27, 2017
bumfuzzle
[buhm-fuhz-uh l]
verb (used with object), bumfuzzled, bumfuzzling. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.
Definitions for bumfuzzle
list of 1 items
1. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. to confuse or fluster.
list end

Citations for bumfuzzle
block quote
This holyfied lady's jest tryin' to bumfuzzle us. Joan Hess, Mischief in Maggody, 1988
block quote end
block quote
"This is an attempt to bumfuzzle," said the President. William Safire, "On Language: The Way We Live Now," New York Times Magazine, November 14, 1999

block quote end
Origin of bumfuzzle
Bumfuzzle comes from bum-, an expressive prefix, perhaps to be identified with the initial syllable of bamboozle, and fuzzle to confuse, perhaps expressive
alteration of fuddle. Its been used in English since around 1900.

http://www.dictionary.com/wordoftheday/2017/07/27/bumfuzzle

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Word of the Day
Thursday, July 27, 2017
bumfuzzle
[buhm-fuhz-uh l]
Definitions for bumfuzzle
list of 1 items
1. A fine covering of hair that develops on the posterior of the human male.
list end

Used in a sentence:
Gareth was horrified to discover he would have to shave his bumfuzzle to be a Chippendales dancer.
Origin of bumfuzzle
Bumfuzzle comes from bum-, a colloquial term for the posterior, chiefly used in England, and fuzzle, fur-like fine hairs. Its been used in English since around 2017.

rated:
After an evening of bumfuzzling you need to be de-liced.

rated:
The Scotland Yard bum fuzz let Dave go with a formal caution for improper wiping.

rated:
Bum fuzz led to the killer in the most gratuitous episode of NCIS ever.

/they had to zoom in on the killers bum and then enhance, enhance, enhance

rated:
When Professor X set up a series of teleportation challenges for Nightcrawler, he called the Bamf-Puzzles, Wolverine just called them bumfuzzles.

/bamf!

rated:
(again with the drunk captains)

when the drunk captain discovered he was missing pieces to his plum puzzle, he exclaimed, "well, no wonder i cou'nt put together me bum-fuzzle!"

rated:
my next trip is gonna be so remote, it may as well be in bumfuzzle egypt

rated:
I would imagine that the Bigfoot has a problem with bumfuzzle.

rated:
O.J is such a bum.Fuzz led in a slow speed pursuit.

rated:
Serjeant Buzfuz was disbarred, and became an alcoholic vagrant. BuzFuz is now BumFuzzled sneared Justice Stareleigh

rated:
you know, there ought to be a new word associated with this wotd. Beer-fuzzled. The mental confusion/muddle that comes with drinking too much.

rated:
Well I'm pretty sure vagrant's bumfuzzle is one of the ingredients in Budweiser.

rated:
sublimosa said:   you know, there ought to be a new word associated with this wotd. Beer-fuzzled. The mental confusion/muddle that comes with drinking too much.
Buzzfuzzled - your choice of how!!

rated:
Bumfuzzle - a sponge fixed to a stick used to clean the buttocks after defecation or a bout of bumfizzle

Bumfizzle - a continual series of watery flatus (Liquid Flatulence)

rated:
VegasVegan said:   Bumfuzzle - a sponge fixed to a stick used to clean the buttocks after defecation or a bout of bumfizzle

To remove bumfuzzleberries.

rated:
Did anyone ask fastimes' mom? or fastimes? I'm sure either of them could demonstrate...

rated:
What color is your bum fuzzle?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017