• filter:

FreedomPop Account Dormant Info

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I recently had one FP phone suspended due to "non-use" but I use the phone daily - via data. Turned out they had rolled out a new policy I guess FP buddies should be aware of.

"Due to a recent policy change, active phone numbers will be disconnected and accounts will go dormant on paid and free accounts that has no outbound calls in last 60 days (2 billing cycles) or accounts that have two failed payments."

For example, if you are using "DATA only" on a 3-in-one sim or FP phone, it considers as NON-USE (of the phone). Even you use the DATA everyday.
FreedomPop recently started to put a lot of devices/phones to "sleep". Some can "wake it up" easily but some cannot. Wifi hotspot should be easy since no phone call involved.

Also if you have problem to re-active the account - go to https://my.freedompop.com NOT https://www.freedompop.com, the later has a bug that prevents you from clicking the reactivate link.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Good to know. I hate FreedomPop. Absolute. Waste.

rated:
I guess they want to get rid of the people they can't convert to paid users.

rated:
Get data rollover, $3.99 month.

rated:
Free phone data? What's the catch? It sucks? Well there you go. Years ago internet access was free too, and it too sucked. Think I used Netzero. They actually still have free dialup internet. Can you even still buy a dialup modem anymore? Does anybody even still use dialup internet?

rated:
atikovi said:   Free phone data? What's the catch? It sucks? Well there you go. Used the Global SIM without issue on several trips to Ireland. Plan to use it in several countries later this month.

Use the LTE (AT&T) SIM daily. Works the same as AT&T.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
Use the LTE (AT&T) SIM daily. Works the same as AT&T.

No complaints here either.  for awhile I was getting 400mb on the free plan, but they cut me back to the normal 200mb.  I went to the FP Friends thread on the dealdiscussion forum and added enough fp friends to get 700mb (600mb with auto topup disabled)

rated:
Twinwoods, thanks for posting this. I was having trouble with a couple of dormant FreedomPop SIMs, and your post really helped.

The devices using these SIMs are not iOS/Android, so there's no way to make phone calls. Do you know of a way to keep this kind of device alive?

Aside: FreedomPop are now charging a 1c monthly maintenance fee on free accounts, presumably to detect users without valid payment instruments.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017