• filter:

Today only, free TSA friendly Marmite exchange at airport

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Story 

Staff say they still remove an average of four jars of Marmite a day.The airport claims to be sympathetic to the plight of Marmite-lovers, however, and today - on one of the busiest days of the year for flying - is issuing travelers whose Marmite is destined for the bin a 70g replacement jar free of charge.

Well that's good.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I'm almost 50 and just learned learned that there is a thing called Marmite.....I had to G00gle it.

rated:
"he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich"
-colin hay

rated:
I thought they were little furry animals you made coats out of.

rated:
<==Marmite?

rated:
So I need to find a way to give the tsa a jar of water and get a free jar of marmite!

Also, a reason why.

rated:
Marmite, Vegemite, both taste like crap. The TSA can keep mine.

I brought a tube of Vegemite home when I visited Sydney years ago. I still have 98.6% of it left. I let a co-worker have some. She spit it out. She would prefer to drink Drano.

rated:
burgerwars said:   Marmite, Vegemite, both taste like crap. The TSA can keep mine.

I brought a tube of Vegemite home when I visited Sydney years ago. I still have 98.6% of it left. I let a co-worker have some. She spit it out. She would prefer to drink Drano.

So, how many years past expiration date did you have your coworker tried it?

rated:

Mmmmmm (63.70kB)
Disclaimer
burgerwars said:   Marmite, Vegemite, both taste like crap.

Crap and Vegemite taste the same. Marmite != Vegemite. Marmite in its consumer friendly form as Twiglets is pretty damn great. Check the ethnic aisle in your grocery store.

Neat Marmite, like neat fish sauce, is nasty.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   burgerwars said:   Marmite, Vegemite, both taste like crap. The TSA can keep mine.

It's still in my refrigerator. I was in Sydney in 2011.

I'll be traveling to Melbourne later this week. Is it time for a fresh supply?

rated:
that's the yeast you could do

rated:
The TSA knows better than to try to touch a man's Nutella.

/ you touch my Nutella, there's gonna be problems

rated:
burgerwars said:   
ZenNUTS said:   
burgerwars said:   Marmite, Vegemite, both taste like crap. The TSA can keep mine.

It's still in my refrigerator. I was in Sydney in 2011.

I'll be traveling to Melbourne later this week. Is it time for a fresh supply?

Here's some Vegemite recipes. Vegemite cheesecake and cannoli just to name a few. If it's really as nasty as most people say it could be a joke.
20 Vegemite Recipes That Are All Surprisingly Delicious

rated:
I thought this stuff was terrible the first time I tried it. An Aussie friend made me toast with way too much butter and a very very small amount of Vegemite. Much better that way

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017