• filter:

morecowbell in houston

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i didn't wanna be outdone by BW. he went to australia. so of course my work asked me if i wanted to go to australia. i said no. then they asked if i wanted to go to new zealand. i said no. then they asked if i wanted to do a tour of italy, france, germany, and spain. i said no to all that. i would rather go to houston

/me drops mic on stage

hopefully i can find a nice place to have a beer. i should have some time on tuesday afternoon. then it's back to SD on wednesday. because i am also more efficient than BW

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I've been to Houston once for a flight connection at the airport. Does that count?

rated:
i will let you know. depends on the beer

rated:
BW??

rated:
johnadamthegreat said:   BW??
  Burgerwars.  World traveller.  Burger aficionado.  Erstwhile bather.  

rated:
Houston.. we have a problem.

MCB is headed straight your way.

rated:
i had a problem when i heard "houston." not because of the place, but i had to get up early and stuff

*yawn*

rated:
Can you drive 4 hours to the nearest Olive Burger? Y U M.

rated:
kirbydog said:   Can you drive 4 hours to the nearest Olive Burger? Y U M.
possibly. but...i don't eat red meat

/me ducks 

rated:
burgerwars said:   I've been to Houston once for a flight connection at the airport. Does that count?

morecowbell said:   i will let you know. depends on the beer

went to a place called "tapped." they had many beers on tap - local, as well as other craft beers. quite pleasant. i recommend it

speaking of "flight," they do $11 flights. five 5 oz tasters. one can be very efficient, if you catch my drift

rated:
houston kept me until this morning. it was hot and humid every day. just had 2 beer flights the whole time. now i'm back in normal temperatureville

rated:
morecowbell said:   houston kept me until this morning. it was hot and humid every day. just had 2 beer flights the whole time. now i'm back in normal temperatureville
  Had a short layover in Houston once. Decided to go out real quick and have a smoke. Came back in drenched in sweat and drew the attention of security (pre TSA). Got back to my plane just in time.

I lived in the D.C. area where 90% humidity and upper 90's is normal in the summer, but Houston was a whole nuther level of Hell.

rated:
I'd imagine Houston is a lot like Orlando in the summer. Hot and humid from nearby bodies of water but too far inland to get cooling breezes.

rated:
My buddy says the strip joints in Houston are way better than Dallas.

rated:
fasttimes said:   My buddy says the strip joints in Houston are way better than Dallas.
  Not after they pass the pasty rule.

rated:
forgot to add - houston has pretty good mexican food!

stopped at ostionera michoacan and had some tasty salmon. before that, i had some huevos con papas at a place that i forget the name of. also stopped at lupe tortilla and a fast food place called bullrito. overall, i would put it on a par with SD

lupe tortilla had more non-hispanic patrons than the others, FWIW. when i go to a mexican restaurant, i take it as a good sign if mexicans go there

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017