• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
 Word of the Day
 Monday, August 07, 2017
fructify 
efinitions for fructify 
list of 2 items
1. to bear fruit; become fruitful: With careful tending the plant will fructify.
2. to make fruitful or productive; fertilize: warm Spring rains fructifying the earth.
list end

Citations for fructify 
block quote
... his intellect is not replenished; he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts: And such barren plants are set before us that we thankful
should be (Which we of taste and feeling are) for those parts that do fructify in us more than he.  William Shakespeare, Love's Labour's Lost, 1598 
block quote end
block quote
To plant the good seed in the waiting ground one must not only know all about the seed itself, but must be acquainted with the properties of the ground
in which it is destined to fructify.  Guy Thorne, The Angel, 1908 
block quote end
Origin of fructify 
Middle English
Old French
Latin
1275-1325 
Fructify comes from Middle English fructifien from Old French fructifier. It ultimately derives from Latin frūctificāre. It entered English in the late
13th century or early 14th century.

http://www.dictionary.com/wordoftheday/ 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Be fruitful and fructify.

rated:
Keep the Trojans in the drawer if you're looking to fructify.

rated:
Those damn fructifies keep flying around every time I get bananas. I should cut the ends off like moonbeam does.

rated:
Wheaties are fructified with 8 essential vitamins and minerals.

rated:
sublimosa said:   Those damn fructifies keep flying around every time I get bananas. I should cut the ends off like moonbeam does.
Time flies like an arrow, fructifies like a banana.

rated:
Ballad of John and Yoko

Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're going to fructify me

rated:
I can fructify that... I'll use fruit to fix the situation...

rated:
that X-Y FWF case is pretty fructed up. i think he basically said "i actually did X...would i be fructify say i did Y instead?"

rated:

I believe fructify
I believe I can touch the Sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away

rated:
That new Garnier shampoo fructifies my hair and makes it like totally manageable.

rated:
Even at my age, I still like Cocoa and Fructify Pebbles.

rated:
q: what do you get when you cross a fruit bowl and a rhino?

a: fructify-no!

rated:

They're Fructified, and they're Ancient,
And they like to roam the land.
They're Fructified, and they're Ancient,
I hope you understand.

rated:
Mr Smuckers had to sit out the fun because of his fructified bone spurs. He could still play tennis though.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017