• filter:

Have a sandwich!

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
From a 1931 cookbook published by "The Fruit Dispatch Company"

Mash 1/4 pound liverwurst sausage and mix with 1 large banana and 3 or 4 tablespoons tomato catsup or chili sauce. Salt to taste. Butter half the slices of bread, spread mixture on the others and put together.  Makes six to Eight sandwiches.

taken from one of my favorite websites: Awful Library Books 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
HorB said:   From a 1931 cookbook published by "The Fruit Dispatch Company"

Mash 1/4 pound liverwurst sausage and mix with 1 large banana and 3 or 4 tablespoons tomato catsup or chili sauce. Salt to taste. Butter half the slices of bread, spread mixture on the others and put together.  Makes six to Eight sandwiches.

taken from one of my favorite websites: Awful Library Books 

The bananas available in 1931 are not the same ones you buy now. I can't see doing this with Cavendish bananas.

rated:

rated:
Is that a banana in your sandwich or are you just happy to see me?

rated:
elvis thanks you very much

rated:
Nothing is tastier - and healthier - than a fructified sandwich. Yum!

rated:

rated:
I read the perfect book for inclusion on that site, but unfortunately I don't remember the name. I found it in my church's youth library when I was in junior high school. Among the numerous helpful hints for young people: to stay out of trouble, boys should spend their time thinking about eating sardines out of cans and girls should think about kitchen curtains blowing in the wind. Not sex. Never think about sex.  😳

rated:
Better than a lot of "FREE" kindle book that get posted.

rated:
What comes OUT of my gut sounds more appetizing than this.

rated:
ctgolfer said:   What comes OUT of my gut sounds more appetizing than this.

Sounds like a Spinal Tap review.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017