• filter:

Pumping Gas - word of the day

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was filling up my work vehicle today at a Sunoco when their TV at the pump flashed a word of the day. I got a kick out of it, so I just had to post it here. Go to town folks!!

Zugswang - a situation in which the obligation to make a move in one's turn is a serious, often decisive, disadvantage.

Origin of zugzwang
Zugzwang in German means “compulsion to move,” originally a technical term in chess for a situation in which one is forced to make a disadvantageous move. As a chess term, zugzwang has been in English since the early 20th century.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Move every zugswang, for great justice!

rated:
After she came out in her lingerie, she knew that zugswang was ready for action.

rated:
kamalktk said:   Move every zugswang, for great justice!
i wish i could green this twice  

rated:
IT got tired of having to fix his computer, so zugswang was replaced by a Lenovo thinkpad

rated:
as he was growing up, people gave zugswang the nickname "zuggy." so now every time he goes the bar, they yell "zuggy zuggy zuggy zuggy, oi oi oi!"

rated:
"zugswang or another
i'm gonna find ya
i'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha"
-blondie

rated:
In shock and disbelief, Buzz Lightyear pointed and shouted "Look! I can see Evil Emperor Zugswang"

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017