• filter:

Jet.com sent me a refurbished snowblower

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Ordered a Snow Joe snowblower from Jet.com, was expecting a new one with 2-year manufacturer warranty. It was the same price as everywhere else but they have the new customer coupon plus cashback. The box that was sent to my house was all busted, poorly taped, and had a "manufacturer refurbished" sticker right on it with 90-day warranty. They sent me a return label, I wasted gas driving to a Fed-Ex drop-off location. Yes I realize it's August, but I just got a Sun Joe lawnmower that I like a lot, it uses the same battery.

Dare I try to order another one from Jet, or should I pay a little more and go with Amazon from now on?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
To be good blow, you need to pay for quality.

rated:
It only took 3 tries for jet to get my order right, not worth the hassle imo

rated:
My favorite recording at jet is where the guy says "a jethead will be right here to help you shortly. I would help you myself, but I am just a recording" or something like that.

That I've had to call them so much to get resolutions to issues doesn't reflect well on them, but so far they've made everything right in the end.

rated:
matrix5k said:   Ordered a Snow Joe snowblower from Jet.com, was expecting a new one with 2-year manufacturer warranty. It was the same price as everywhere else but they have the new customer coupon plus cashback. The box that was sent to my house was all busted, poorly taped, and had a "manufacturer refurbished" sticker right on it with 90-day warranty. They sent me a return label, I wasted gas driving to a Fed-Ex drop-off location. Yes I realize it's August, but I just got a Sun Joe lawnmower that I like a lot, it uses the same battery.

Dare I try to order another one from Jet, or should I pay a little more and go with Amazon from now on?

Why did you drive to a drop-off location?  That's reasonable if YOU were responsible for the return (didn't like it, found better price, no longer needed, etc.).  But here Jet was SOLELY at fault.  For that reason, I would've DEMANDED a free pick-up.  Why should I lose $$ over Jet's mistake?

If Jet had REFUSED my request, I would've disputed the charge with my CC, arguing that I didn't order a "refurbished" snowblower.  So I was under no obligation to return the gift at my expense.

rated:
rihex said:   matrix5k said:   Ordered a Snow Joe snowblower from Jet.com, was expecting a new one with 2-year manufacturer warranty. It was the same price as everywhere else but they have the new customer coupon plus cashback. The box that was sent to my house was all busted, poorly taped, and had a "manufacturer refurbished" sticker right on it with 90-day warranty. They sent me a return label, I wasted gas driving to a Fed-Ex drop-off location. Yes I realize it's August, but I just got a Sun Joe lawnmower that I like a lot, it uses the same battery.

Dare I try to order another one from Jet, or should I pay a little more and go with Amazon from now on?

Why did you drive to a drop-off location?  That's reasonable if YOU were responsible for the return (didn't like it, found better price, no longer needed, etc.).  But here Jet was SOLELY at fault.  For that reason, I would've DEMANDED a free pick-up.  Why should I lose $$ over Jet's mistake?

If Jet had REFUSED my request, I would've disputed the charge with my CC, arguing that I didn't order a "refurbished" snowblower.  So I was under no obligation to return the gift at my expense.

Good call. I will do that next time. It was only a half mile drive, but still.

rated:

rated:
OOPS

rated:
I got one (a plug in) from Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon making it less expensive than Amazon or Home Depot.

rated:
matrix5k said:   Ordered a Snow Joe snowblower from Jet.com, was expecting a new one with 2-year manufacturer warranty. It was the same price as everywhere else but they have the new customer coupon plus cashback. The box that was sent to my house was all busted, poorly taped, and had a "manufacturer refurbished" sticker right on it with 90-day warranty. They sent me a return label, I wasted gas driving to a Fed-Ex drop-off location. Yes I realize it's August, but I just got a Sun Joe lawnmower that I like a lot, it uses the same battery.

Get an Ariens gas 2-stage w/electric start.  If you don't need something that strong, you only need a shovel.  And buy it in-person.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   

Get an Ariens gas 2-stage w/electric start.  If you don't need something that strong, you only need a shovel.  And buy it in-person.

What you wanted is a tracked Ariens. I see those and I'm :drool: but then I look at the price tag and 

eta: A F*&$&ING SNOW TANK!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017