• filter:

Tech rage.. iphone edition

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My first "smart" phone was a Blackberry, followed by Windows phone, and now iPhone.  All given by work.  I never had an Android but I'm familiar enough with it to get around.

I can never get used to the darn iPhone.  I want to do a simple task of copying over some mp3 and podcast (in mp3 format) from my PC to the phone so I can listen to them on the road but can't seems to find out how to do it.  googled the hell of it too,argghhh

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: TECHNOLOGY, OFF TOPIC. — Sep. 20, 2017 @ 2:09pm
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Need iTunes. Welcome to the i(wannakillthisstupid)phone family.

Lehaim!

rated:

rated:
skh12 said:   copy trans
https://www.copytrans.net/

Appears to be from iPhone to PC, and not the other way around like OP needs.

rated:
ocean935 said:   

you couldn't be more incorrect

rated:
Just buy the music from Apple like a good iClone

rated:
We were in a TMobile store last night to ask about the current iPhone $300 upgrade offer. My guy asked the rep if he was aware of issues with iPhone 7 that customers have told him. He said that people don't like that they can't listen to music when the phone is charging, and the people who switch from an Android phone who are unhappy with iOS. tee hee.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:    I want to do a simple task of copying over some mp3 and podcast (in mp3 format) from my PC to the phone so I can listen to them on the road but can't seems to find out how to do it.  googled the hell of it too,argghhh
  Burn to a CD and play that in the car?

rated:
But I got G*d D*** smart phone!

rated:
Burn to cd, and import to iTunes. Obviously a cd-rw would be the preferred media to use.

rated:
Are you having trouble getting the mp3 files to show up and play in iTunes on the computer? Once you do that, you should be able to sync music/voice memos/podcasts to phone rather easily.

rated:
kirbydog said:   We were in a TMobile store last night to ask about the current iPhone $300 upgrade offer. My guy asked the rep if he was aware of issues with iPhone 7 that customers have told him. He said that people don't like that they can't listen to music when the phone is charging, and the people who switch from an Android phone who are unhappy with iOS. tee hee.

But "no 3.5mm earphone port" trend is moving onto Android, too, already.  I guess we are expected to get a Bluetooth earpiece, if you want to do such thing.

rated:
Who needs earbuds? Just play music on your phone and have the courtesy to share it with those around you!

rated:
DTASFAB said:   Who needs earbuds? Just play music on your phone and have the courtesy to share it with those around you!
  Yes, I know this one quite well.
At most of the fast food places I go, there is always someone who is playing some video at FULL BLAST, because they can't hear it because the speaker is in the back.  But everyone in front of him can.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
DTASFAB said:   Who needs earbuds? Just play music on your phone and have the courtesy to share it with those around you!
  Yes, I know this one quite well.
At most of the fast food places I go, there is always someone who is playing some video at FULL BLAST, because they can't hear it because the speaker is in the back.  But everyone in front of him can.

Wait, the speaker is on the BACK of this thing?  Gotta go, they're calling #148.  Hope they remembered the pickles.

rated:
skh12 said:   
ocean935 said:   

Lol, you don't know me. Plenty more incorrect where that came from.

rated:
I've used CopyTrans, it's probably the easiest way to get music on an I-Device without Itunes

Of course you still have to make a playlist.

rated:
how do i get music off a zune and into an ipod?

rated:
Would Dropbox work?

Anyhow, I recall, in the past, doing this via itunes and it wasn't intuitive.

-----

On a side note, I'm so frustrated with Android that I am seriously switching to iPhone. Apps cause phone to overheat.  Stupid back button too easy to hit.  Stupid back button has different behavior depending on what app you are using.  Apps have too many background permissions.  The more apps you have, the shorter your battery life.  Phone can drain battery in 1 hour without use due to rogue apps...  Having to move apps to the SD card every single time they are updated.  The painful length of time it takes to move apps to the SD card.  Android device becomes obsolete more quickly than iPhone.  Permissions permissions permissions.

Being able to switch the battery was a plus.  Less devices allow for that now.  Also, power banks do a pretty damn good job, so it's less of an issue.  (extra battery is still optimal as it is much smaller, and it goes in cool so less overheating)

rated:
ocean935 said:   skh12 said:   
ocean935 said:   

Lol, you don't know me. Plenty more incorrect where that came from.

wrong, again!

rated:
when i had an ipod type dilly, i used rhythmbox on linux. i dunno if there's a windows equivalent (if you're using windows, that is)

rated:
riznick said:   Would Dropbox work?

-----

On a side note, I'm so frustrated with Android that I am seriously switching to iPhone. Apps cause phone to overheat.  Stupid back button too easy to hit.  Stupid back button has different behavior depending on what app you are using.  Apps have too many background permissions.  The more apps you have, the shorter your battery life.  Phone can drain battery in 1 hour without use due to rogue apps...  Having to move apps to the SD card every single time they are updated.  The painful length of time it takes to move apps to the SD card.  Android device becomes obsolete more quickly than iPhone.  Permissions permissions permissions.

Being able to switch the battery was a plus.  Less devices allow for that now.  Also, power banks do a pretty damn good job, so it's less of an issue.  (extra battery is still optimal as it is much smaller, and it goes in cool so less overheating)

A lot of the issues you stated are no different on IPhone
1) Apps cause phone to Overheat. [Might be related to the phone model, mine a Pixel doesn't]
2) Stupid back button does different things [Iphone doesn't have a back button, so good luck when you want to go back]
3) Apps have too many background permissions [No Different on an Iphone]
4) The more apps, the shorter battery life [No different]
5) Phone can drain in 1 hour due to rogue apps [Hmm, new one, but still Running an Iphone as a hotspot can drain it fast as well[
6) The painful length of time to move to the SD card [Well Congratz!  The Iphone doesn't let you add memory so your idea of saving primary memory is gone!]
7) Android become obsolete faster than iPhone [Excuse me?  Apple invalidates 3 models back now.  I'm still using an android device as my primary tablet and it only has 5.0]

rated:
iPhone!
Android!
Star Wars!
Star Trek!
Marvel!
DC!
Ginger!
Mary Ann!

rated:

rated:
kamalktk said:   iPhone!
Android!
Star Wars!
Star Trek!
Marvel!
DC!
Ginger!
Mary Ann!

You forgot VHS and Betamax

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
Android!
Star Wars!
Star Trek!
Marvel!
DC!
Ginger!
Mary Ann!

Coke!
Pepsi!  

rated:
[Iphone doesn't have a back button, so good luck when you want to go back]

They gave you a lemon

rated:
kamalktk said:   
forbin4040 said:   
Android!
Star Wars!
Star Trek!
Marvel!
DC!
Ginger!
Mary Ann!

Coke!
Pepsi!  

Tastes Great!
Less Filling!

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
riznick said:   Would Dropbox work?

-----

A lot of the issues you stated are no different on IPhone
1) Apps cause phone to Overheat. [Might be related to the phone model, mine a Pixel doesn't]
2) Stupid back button does different things [Iphone doesn't have a back button, so good luck when you want to go back]
3) Apps have too many background permissions [No Different on an Iphone]
4) The more apps, the shorter battery life [No different]
5) Phone can drain in 1 hour due to rogue apps [Hmm, new one, but still Running an Iphone as a hotspot can drain it fast as well[
6) The painful length of time to move to the SD card [Well Congratz!  The Iphone doesn't let you add memory so your idea of saving primary memory is gone!]
7) Android become obsolete faster than iPhone [Excuse me?  Apple invalidates 3 models back now.  I'm still using an android device as my primary tablet and it only has 5.0]

Most of your responses are unbelievable.  

1) Are you actually claiming that androids run cooler than iPhones?  Are you claiming that iPhones have just as much overheating issues as Androids?  Are you serious? I've never seen a brand new iPhone heat to the extent I've seen brand new Androids.  Also, Androids seem to get more and more overheating problems as the OS is updated.  
2) The back button is a source of frustration.  Whatever utility I gain out of it is cancelled out by the frustration it causes.  The lack of a back button on iOS isn't really an issue.  I can't think of a time where I got frustrated because there is no back button.  
The non-physical back button on many androids is painful when it frequently gets accidentally hit.  Hand someone your phone and they are pretty guaranteed to hit it by accident.  
Mechanical back buttons still suck when the behavior is an inconsistent unpredictable gamble. 
3) Are you claiming that iPhone permissions are no different than Android permissions? I don't know about that.  From what I've seen and read, Android apps are more likely to ask for more permissions.  Also, with iOS I can pick and choose some permissions.  One of the great things about Android is you can do more because it's not as locked down.  That can also be a problem when apps abuse their freedom.
4) No different?  Come on man.  It's very different.  iPhones are much more consistent.
5) Yes.  Randomly an app or os will go crazy and drain battery for no apparent reason. You'll notice your phone is super hot and the battery is low just 1 hour after charging.
7) In my experience, Androids need to be upgraded/swapped about one year earlier than iPhones.  Which do you think would last longer; an iPhone 6 or a Samsung S5?  How about an iPhone5 vs a Samsung S4?  

In the past, I've always been pro-Android.  I've gotten to the point where I'm giving up.  Android phones are much more frustrating than they need to be.  Certainly, buying a new Android will resolve a lot of my frustration for a while until the problems repeat. 

rated:
1) My wife's Iphone 7 overheats all the time (She complains that it burns her hand sometimes). My Pixel does not. That's my real world comparison.
2) This is really an opinion thing.
3) Iphone permissions are similar to Androids, though I believe Androids are more obvious on what it is sharing.
4) Another opinion thing.
5) Now this might happen on an Iphone, I've played several games on my Apple idevice where it kept running in the background and drained my battery.
7) Another opinion, Apple stops supporting the device, that device is DONE. Almost all the apps are upgraded to the new OS and the old Device becomes toast.

But have fun with the Apple Iphone, it's a great device, but so are Androids (At least good ones like the Galaxy S series, there are so many Android devices out there that yes there are lots of stinker devices)

rated:
all this seems to have become pretty serious. but just think...there was a time when people had to go to a phone in a little glass (plastic/metal) house and put money in it to make a call. and they never got to ask google or siri anything! also, GPS was a piece of paper, and you had to find stuff yourself. etc, etc

rated:
morecowbell said:   all this seems to have become pretty serious. but just think...there was a time when people had to go to a phone in a little glass (plastic/metal) house and put money in it to make a call. and they never got to ask google or siri anything! also, GPS was a piece of paper, and you had to find stuff yourself. etc, etc
Boooo! You Luddite!

rated:
Started with a personally-owned Android, now on a company-provided iPhone; I find Android better.

Issues I found with Apple: no dedicated back button, no easy way to clear cache & unnecessary files, Siri sucks compared to Ok-Google, no easy way to expand memory, Apple phones slowly but surely become filled up even after deleting photos and apps, iPhone 6 was visibly slower out of the box than my year-old Galaxy s5, and Bluetooth isn't as good. None are fatal issues, but annoying nonetheless.

One advantage of Apple I do like is ability to Facetime & text over wifi to family that don't have cell service at home. Hated to give the Galaxy up, but couldn't see paying for a phone.

rated:
morecowbell said:   all this seems to have become pretty serious. but just think...there was a time when people had to go to a phone in a little glass (plastic/metal) house and put money in it to make a call. and they never got to ask google or siri anything! also, GPS was a piece of paper, and you had to find stuff yourself. etc, etc
  back when your mustang turned over 2k miles, grandpa?

rated:
  I like to find stuff myself because I love to learn.
I tend not to use GPS unless absolutely necessary because in an emergency or disaster I feel it important for me to know my general way around with alternate options. I know a number of people who couldn't give you directions to a location or know the cities in an area because they rely heavily on something telling them where to go. I maps, too.

rated:
Connman said:   kamalktk said:   
forbin4040 said:   
Android!
Star Wars!
Star Trek!
Marvel!
DC!
Ginger!
Mary Ann!

Coke!
Pepsi!  

Tastes Great!
Less Filling!

(Maybe too NJ specific but)
Taylor ham!
Pork Roll!

Sub!
Hoagie!
Hero!

rated:
 One advantage of Apple I do like is ability to Facetime & text over wifi to family that don't have cell service at home. Hated to give the Galaxy up, but couldn't see paying for a phone.
  Agreed, however thats what hangouts is for!

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
  back when your mustang turned over 2k miles, grandpa?

incidentally, i bought the mustang with 20k on it. so when it rolled 200k, my contribution was 180k  

rated:
BMWLVR82 said:   
  Agreed, however thats what hangouts is for!

Hangouts, Duo, WhatsApp, etc etc. 
There are tons of options..  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017