• filter:

paper shredder

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hi
I am in desire need of paper shredder but problem is I did not have any idea about them. I didnít know about their specification and didnít even know from where I can buy it. Please do suggest me some good paper shredders that fits perfect in my small office.
Thanks

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
You would want a CROSSCUT shredder, NOT a Strip shredder as those are too easy to tape back together.

Not always available, but I usually find these at my local Goodwill stores in the electronics area.
That area usually has a power bar to try the used electronics. I usually test them first by going over
to the place in the goodwill store where they have stationary and spiral notebooks. Tear out a few pieces
of paper and run them thru the shredder as a test.

They usually run anywhere between 2.99 to 5 or 6 bucks.
I do lots of shredding and the used ones wont last forever so I usually keep a spare on hand as like I
said, they are not always available at Goodwill. Will last longer if you dont overload them no matter how
many sheets they state they can take, I usually just feed them 2 or 3 sheets of paper at a time.

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   Tear out a few pieces of paper and run them thru the shredder as a test.

Now why would you do that and not bring your own paper? That's wanton vandalism.

rated:
ocean935 said:   
Dovetonsils said:   Tear out a few pieces of paper and run them thru the shredder as a test.
Now why would you do that and not bring your own paper? That's wanton vandalism.

† Hopefully, †he pays for the notebooks

rated:
You need the Shrinter! Print directly to the shredder to save valuable time. (And waste valuable money)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/shrinter.shtml

rated:
Nice april fools item.

rated:
soundtechie said:   
ocean935 said:   

† Hopefully, †he pays for the notebooks

I like your positive thinking, but I can't bring myself to agree. I doubt that is happening.

rated:
heck, just burn the damn things!

rated:
ocean935 said:   Dovetonsils said:   Tear out a few pieces of paper and run them thru the shredder as a test.

like shrimp wantons? vegetable wantons?

rated:
i think there's one posted in hot deals. buy that one

rated:
Farfisa850 said:   You need the Shrinter! Print directly to the shredder to save valuable time. (And waste valuable money)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/shrinter.shtml

††
Not available for Win 7, 8 or 10. They need to update the drivers so I can waste ink & paper on my Win 10 PC.†

rated:
Get something with a high sheet count -- more powerful and rugged, meaning it won't be taxed as much if you feed just 5 sheets at a time.

The Staples brand micro-cut shredder that sells for about $170-180 is good and has lasted us about 10 years. †The pieces are about 1/8" wide and 3/8" long.

rated:
<== Economy paper shredder
(pic hint: scissors)..

rated:
george2001 said:   <== Economy paper shredder

††
<-------- I have no idea how good these are, but they are cheap. Downside is that it will be more effort to 'shred' the paper, and more time.†

rated:
george2001 said:   <== Economy paper shredder

I just tear up the papers with my hands. Then I mix in some cat poop and spoiled food. If someone wants copies of my old bills and receipts that bad they can have them.

rated:
Get a goat. Not a goatee. But a full size adult goat.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017