• filter:

My very own solar system!

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My very own solar system! 

sub for limo: email to me titled "important change affecting your solar system"

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I wonder if we're getting a hyperspace bypass?

rated:
Tesla has an ownership stake in Solar City, do you have solar panels on your roof from them?

rated:
SweetClover said:   Tesla has an ownership stake in Solar City, do you have solar panels on your roof from them?
My mom's house does.

rated:
Yo momma so big she got orbiting planets.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
SweetClover said:   Tesla has an ownership stake in Solar City, do you have solar panels on your roof from them?
My mom's house does.

OK. Wonder why they'd contact you, and why using Tesla rather than Solar City?  I got solar from Solar City this past Spring, though it didn't get turned on until July. I've been pretty happy so far. I'm hoping to eventually add a Tesla PowerWall to store any excess solar during the day, to use when it's night, or when we have one of our frequent power outages lasting 4+ hours.   

rated:
SweetClover said:   
kamalktk said:   
My mom's house does.

OK. Wonder why they'd contact you, and why using Tesla rather than Solar City?  I got solar from Solar City this past Spring, though it didn't get turned on until July. I've been pretty happy so far. I'm hoping to eventually add a Tesla PowerWall to store any excess solar during the day, to use when it's night, or when we have one of our frequent power outages lasting 4+ hours.   

Cloud City will soon be passing over Solar City, blocking the sun and severely limiting power generation.  This will soon result in power shortages that will leave everyone unable to charge their Tesla or watch cat videos... eventually leading to mass panic and global economic collapse (kinda like when a storm blocks the signal from DirecTV).

If you could respond to that email with your name, address, social security number, mother's maiden name, and the name of your first pet (of course this is for security so they know its really you), then wire transfer your $5000 payment... we can offer you access to an exclusive energy reserve held by the prince of Nigeria... which you can then use to power your cat videos or even resell it at a profit!

rated:
ganda said:   Yo momma so big she got orbiting planets.
Hey, it's MY solar system. I'm so big I got orbiting planets.

/ so big... in my pants

rated:
I don't need my own solar system. I don't even need an entire planet. A large island will be enough for me.

rated:
SweetClover said:   
kamalktk said:   
My mom's house does.

OK. Wonder why they'd contact you, and why using Tesla rather than Solar City?  I got solar from Solar City this past Spring, though it didn't get turned on until July. I've been pretty happy so far. I'm hoping to eventually add a Tesla PowerWall to store any excess solar during the day, to use when it's night, or when we have one of our frequent power outages lasting 4+ hours.   

They contacted me for some legal stuff from the state where the house is. Apparently the state is changing something with what's allowed for solar.  The bottom of the email says SolarCity dba Tesla Energy, so it sounds like Solar City will be rebranding at some point to be known as Tesla Energy instead of Solar City, the email is from customercare@email.tesla.com. The https://www.tesla.com/energy website is basically identical to the Solar City website now, same pictures and stuff.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   I don't need my own solar system. I don't even need an entire planet. A large island will be enough for me.
As Supreme Ruler of my solar system, I hereby grant you an island for your service to FW.  

rated:
I'm waiting for the Tesla roof tiles to come down in price, those look excellent paired with a Powerwall. Please hurry up, I will need a new roof within 5 years.

rated:
kamalktk said:   They contacted me for some legal stuff from the state where the house is. Apparently the state is changing something with what's allowed for solar.  The bottom of the email says SolarCity dba Tesla Energy, so it sounds like Solar City will be rebranding at some point to be known as Tesla Energy instead of Solar City, the email is from customercare@email.tesla.com. The https://www.tesla.com/energy website is basically identical to the Solar City website now, same pictures and stuff.

Hmmm... I guess eventually I'll be hearing from them as Tesla Energy. Wonder what the state is changing? I've heard some stuff about some utility providers of power lines & grids, not happy about the way Net Metering is set up. Some are trying to get governments to change that. (Another reason for adding a PowerWall, can say "screw you" to any changes to Net Metering). 

rated:
ganda said:   I'm waiting for the Tesla roof tiles to come down in price, those look excellent paired with a Powerwall. Please hurry up, I will need a new roof within 5 years.

I'm hoping that by the time my roof & solar panels need replacing (Within the next 20- 23 years), I can just get the roof tiles. I imagine they will be the standard by then. I'm lucky that my townhouse has a nearly full Southern exposure in the front, so my panels get a lot of sun hitting them. Those roof tiles look pretty cool, but they are expensive. 

rated:
SweetClover said:   
kamalktk said:   They contacted me for some legal stuff from the state where the house is. Apparently the state is changing something with what's allowed for solar.  The bottom of the email says SolarCity dba Tesla Energy, so it sounds like Solar City will be rebranding at some point to be known as Tesla Energy instead of Solar City, the email is from customercare@email.tesla.com. The https://www.tesla.com/energy website is basically identical to the Solar City website now, same pictures and stuff.

Hmmm... I guess eventually I'll be hearing from them as Tesla Energy. Wonder what the state is changing?

You have to put a 6 inch layer of this new-fangled clean coal on top of your solar panels.

I have seen projections where the Tesla roof more than pays for itself over time, plus you get a "free" new roof. I have a big south facing roof and the idea of running the house (and, in time, charging a couple of cars) off the sun appeals to my cheapness. Of course you have stay in the house a long time.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
DTASFAB said:   I don't need my own solar system. I don't even need an entire planet. A large island will be enough for me.
As Supreme Ruler of my solar system, I hereby grant you an island for your service to FW.  

Thank you, your royal highness.

rated:
how are you doing without earth? i was just gonna move it, but i decided to transfer it altogether

(limo: added phone screenshots - one saying "moving earth" and the other saying "transfer earth")

rated:
morecowbell said:   how are you doing without earth? i was just gonna move it, but i decided to transfer it altogether

(limo: added phone screenshots - one saying "moving earth" and the other saying "transfer earth")

It's my solar system. I have my own earth, with blackjack, and hookers!

rated:
kamalktk said:   
morecowbell said:   how are you doing without earth? i was just gonna move it, but i decided to transfer it altogether

It's my solar system. I have my own earth

an obscure body in the SK-System?

rated:
ganda said: I have a big south facing roof and the idea of running the house (and, in time, charging a couple of cars) off the sun appeals to my cheapness. Of course you have stay in the house a long time.

South is the best. When Solar City sent their inspector out (they check roof, attic, and electrical system), they stuck some temporary device they called a sundial on my roof. It reads the energy from the sun, tells them how much energy they can project I'll get. I was told 82% minimum, and the blueprint team originally designed a 20 panel system for my roof. I have a 1025 sq ft townhouse. On installation day, I ended up getting 22 panels, as the installation team saw room for more, and okayed it with their supervisor. My estimate was upped to 87% minimum.  The entire South-facing side of the gabled roof is almost completely covered with panels. The North-facing side is where the chimney, exhaust pipes, vents, etc are. So they didn't have to fit panels around objects. The more panels the better, means I get more power.  If you have a large house, you can alsp add more than 1 PowerWall. I will only need 1 for my use. I just bought this townhouse 2 years ago, and it came with a new roof, and most of the appliances are new. It needed work, the Kitchen from Hell was numero uno. Contractor tore out cheap plywood cabinets & sink base. Now there's more cabinets and counter space. It has ugly 1950's linoleum flooring, kitchen, LR & halls now have new floors, bedrooms still need doing. Bathroom has new vanity, but toilet and tub gotta go.

I plan on staying here a long time. Got this house cheap, and in the 2 years I've lived here, and fixed it up, the estimate has gone up $20,000.  Mortgage is less than half the cost of renting, house more than meets my needs. Solar adds value to your home, and if you move, the solar can move with you. 

rated:
ganda said:   kamalktk said:   

It's my solar system. I have my own earth

an obscure body in the SK-System?

Ming the Merciless? More like Ming the Dork!

rated:
Got email from SolarCity dba Tesla Energy asking me to review a new privacy policy. Indeed, it appears a name change will be taking place. 

rated:
SweetClover said:   Got email from SolarCity dba Tesla Energy asking me to review a new privacy policy. Indeed, it appears a name change will be taking place. 
Did you get a solar system too?

rated:
One good hit to the head and I see plenty of stars.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017