• filter:

shows i tried to like

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
bojack, the killing, kimmy schmidt, and the kittering incident but couldn't. started on ozark with jason bateman. so far, it's pretty good.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I can't get enough of that Partridge Family.

rated:
miserly said:   bojack, the killing, kimmy schmidt, and the kittering incident but couldn't. started on ozark with jason bateman. so far, it's pretty good.
i haven't heard of any of these. but if you were able to get jason bateman over to your place to watch stuff, that's cool  

rated:
burgerwars said:   I can't get enough of that Partridge Family.
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb4FMn-IWEY

rated:
Never Ever could get into "Friends" or "Six Feet Under".

rated:
burgerwars said:   I can't get enough of that Partridge Family.

Just wait, somebody will find a way to bring it back. TV has Hawaii 5-0, Full House, Gilmore Girls, Will & Grace, Dynasty (starting on the CW in Fall), allegedly a new Munsters show is in the works, etc. I always thought they should have Keith Partridge now with a musical family of his own, updated tour bus, new manager (Danny Partridge could be a talent manager, so the kids could have "Uncle Danny"), and Grandma Shirley Partridge could have an occasional role. It's not like TV can create enough new stuff, they keep bringing back old stuff.  

rated:
I tried to like Scorpion when it first came on CBS, but it seriously was just awful. Critics hate it, Katherine McPhee cannot, I repeat, cannot, act. She needs to go back to her post-Idol singing career. The stories are just dumb, and the real 'Scorpion' the show is based on was revealed by some really good detectives on Reddit as being a lying fraud. Not too mention he got Justin Bieber's manager Scooter Braun hoodwinked, so Braun co-produces the show with him.  Did I say that critics hate it? It gets poor ratings on Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic, but great viewer ratings for CBS (Not to mention all the money Braun & 'Scorpion' are raking in for themselves). 

Still trying to figure out why a show based on Dr Phil McGraws early career as a trial consultant, Bull, is a TV ratings hit. It's critical ratings on Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic are worse than Scorpion. 

I haven't watched any of the shows you listed, nor the ones Dovetonsils mentioned. 

One network TV show I have really enjoyed, is This Is Us on NBC. It's the only show I watch on NBC. 

rated:
Boardwalk Empire, which is strange, since I love the Sopranos so much.

rated:

oh, joey (29.22kB)
Disclaimer
Dovetonsils said:   Never Ever could get into "Friends" or "Six Feet Under".

(limo: added pic of joey wearing chandler's clothes, asking "could i BE wearing any more clothes?")

rated:
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Modern Family
Will & Grace
Frasier

rated:
I could never get into "Hemlock Grove" despite sticking all the way through the first season.

rated:
House of Cards - made it 1 season. Too confusing to keep watching.
Kimmy Schmidt - watched about 2 episodes. Thought it was kind of funny. Not a must see.
GLOW - really wanted to like this. Gave up after about 7 episdoes.
Santa Clarita Diet - made it 2 episodes. Just, umm, not good.
Narcos - maybe 2 episodes. Feel like I probably just didn't give this enough of a chance. May go back to it someday.
Big Bang Theory - I just don't get it. It's the same joke over and over again. I get it, their nerds. Ha ha.
Dexter: watched 3 whole seasons before giving up. Kind of didn't help that I had already heard everywhere that the series finale was awful.

Currently in progress shows that I think I'll make it through:
Ozarks - 2 episodes in.
Atypical - about 4 episodes. Love this. It's a lock to make it all the way through.

Recently finished:
Friends From College - loved this. Can't wait for another season.

rated:
Supergirl. The actress isn't as good as Laura Vandervoort was in the role Then Alex, the DEO, Martian Manhunter, James Olson, Ally McBeal, and on and on..... such a lame cast. I pretty much gave up on all the CW DCU shows last season.

rated:
Knight Rider - choke, gag, puke!!

rated:
From Amazon, Sneaky Pete. I did watch the first season, but parts of it were far too ghastly/grim.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   The Office
Parks & Recreation
Modern Family
Will & Grace
Frasier

I loved The Office, but couldn't get into Parks & Rec at all.  It seemed like the same thing with a female Michael Scott.

rated:
kirbydog said:   From Amazon, Sneaky Pete. I did watch the first season, but parts of it were far too ghastly/grim.
  I loved the pilot and I was glad they picked it up, but I kind of lost interest after a few episodes. I suppose I should give it another shot.

rated:
i think the new tarzan series on netflix is rather fun to watch. it may be a cartoon show but it's still interesting

rated:
She's the Sheriff, just to keep my rage at it under control so I wouldn't shoot the TV while I wore my Elvis cape.

rated:
SaulHudson said:   I loved The Office, but couldn't get into Parks & Rec at all.  It seemed like the same thing with a female Michael Scott.

Only Leslie Knope was competent, honest, and not a weasel.

rated:
i enjoyed mr robot a lot. but then there were the political comments that were thrown in. i guess just to let everyone know that the writers were bitter or something

i get that people are gonna have opinions, but i don't want a show that filled with political stuff, whether i agree or not. when i watch maher or dennis miller, i am prepared for it. when i watch regular everyday TV or movies, i am not

i gotta wonder what they're thinking. like, "hey, i have an idea...let's alienate half of our viewers!"

rated:
I tried very hard to like "Gotham". I love all things Batman but . . . the show didn't work for me. It typically alternated between dark and cheesy, and never had the grittiness of the current Batman lore.

rated:
The Tick. I think I watched all available episodes over the weekend, but it wasn't holding my attention well.

rated:
Veep.
Ended up liking it too.

Silicon Valley.
Couldn't handle the contrived humor.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Weird. Fresh. Funny.

rated:
morecowbell said:   i enjoyed mr robot a lot. but then there were the political comments that were thrown in. i guess just to let everyone know that the writers were bitter or something

i get that people are gonna have opinions, but i don't want a show that filled with political stuff, whether i agree or not. when i watch maher or dennis miller, i am prepared for it. when i watch regular everyday TV or movies, i am not

i gotta wonder what they're thinking. like, "hey, i have an idea...let's alienate half of our viewers!"

Do they refer to real politicians / political parties?

rated:
kamalktk said:   
morecowbell said:   i enjoyed mr robot a lot. but then there were the political comments that were thrown in. i guess just to let everyone know that the writers were bitter or something

yeah. which is ok once in a while. but being a nerd, myself, and having worked with nerds, i can tell you that the exchanges aren't so bland as "hey, we all know this to be true!" followed by just agreement. there's enough of a real-world spread that you say the same thing a couple of times and someone will disagree with you

imagine that...a world full of people that may actually have different opinions than the one i have   

rated:
Virgil27 said:   I tried very hard to like "Gotham". I love all things Batman but . . . the show didn't work for me. It typically alternated between dark and cheesy, and never had the grittiness of the current Batman lore.
It's somewhere between gritty and Adam west.

rated:
morecowbell said:   kamalktk said:   

yeah. which is ok once in a while. but being a nerd, myself, and having worked with nerds, i can tell you that the exchanges aren't so bland as "hey, we all know this to be true!" followed by just agreement. there's enough of a real-world spread that you say the same thing a couple of times and someone will disagree with you

imagine that...a world full of people that may actually have different opinions than the one i have   

Request denied, All. Must. Conform.

rated:
scrouds said:   
morecowbell said:   
kamalktk said:   

They say the best way to give criticism is to start off with something positive..... I do not know who THEY are !

rated:
rgilbert said:   
scrouds said:   
morecowbell said:   
kamalktk said:   

They say the best way to give criticism is to start off with something positive..... I do not know who THEY are !

so...if someone compliments me, i should prepare for criticism!  

rated:
It took 2 tries, but I watched the Archangel BBC series over the weekend. I was surprised by the ending - unexpected. Then realized it was a 3 part series only.

rated:
Dovetonsils said:   Never Ever could get into "Friends"
You're such a Ross.  

rated:
scrouds said:   
Virgil27 said:   I tried very hard to like "Gotham". I love all things Batman but . . . the show didn't work for me. It typically alternated between dark and cheesy, and never had the grittiness of the current Batman lore.
It's somewhere between gritty and Adam west.

In that case, I'd just prefer watching the Adam West series. 

rated:
did those castaways ever get off the island?

rated:
If I'm ever trapped on an island, I want Mary Ann, Ginger, and the Professor with me. He can build anything out of bamboo & coconuts, and well, there's that Mary Ann or Ginger thing. Or maybe just Jeannie and her bottle.

rated:
mary ann all the way

rated:
mapatsfan said:   If I'm ever trapped on an island, I want Mary Ann, Ginger, and the Professor with me. He can build anything out of bamboo & coconuts, and well, there's that Mary Ann or Ginger thing. Or maybe just Jeannie and her bottle.
  Be careful with that bottle. Bad things can happen!
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1586001 

rated:
morecowbell said:   mary ann all the way
  Mary Ann was a nice girl, I'm sure she'd never have gone all the way.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017