• filter:

Got A Check In The Mail From WAGS.... for 6 Cents????

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
No letter or explanation, but gathering from the invoice, I was overcharged 6˘ for a prescription, because there is an RX number listed. Cost of sheet of paper, ink, envelope, postage, processing fees, etc far exceed this lousy 6˘ it's for. I think PNC bank would probably laugh if I presented it to them to cash or deposit. Why?

So, what should I do with my 6˘ windfall?

I'm so tempted to post this on WAGS FB page.... 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
SweetClover said:   

H&B!

rated:
try not to spend it all in one place

rated:
Be glad you didn't get 1000 of them from the Super Terrific Happy Hour.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
SweetClover said:   

H&B!

Not sure you'd be safe with either the h or b purchased for 6˘.

rated:
Several months ago I got a letter from the Los Angeles DWP stating I was overcharged for electricity some time in the past. The amount they calculated was something like 30 cents. To claim my 30 cents I would have to fill out a form and mail it back using my own 49 cent postage stamp. Didn't do that.

rated:
Call them up, tell them the check came mutilated and ask them to reissue it.

rated:
burgerwars said:   Several months ago I got a letter from the Los Angeles DWP stating I was overcharged for electricity some time in the past. The amount they calculated was something like 30 cents. To claim my 30 cents I would have to fill out a form and mail it back using my own 49 cent postage stamp. Didn't do that.

Seems some computer systems print out stuff, somebody stuffs it in an envie, runs it through a postal meter, and out it goes, without anybody questioning it. I think I'm going to frame this and hang it on a wall - might make an interesting conversation piece. I just hope some poor schmuck working at Walgreens isn't going nuts with balancing the books because the check never gets processed...

rated:
You're mean. Are you really not going to cash the check and eventually make them escheat the money?

rated:
scrouds said:   You're mean. Are you really not going to cash the check and eventually make them escheat the money?
  HAHA, I have had a 1 cent balance at a bank for the last 3 years and every month they mail me a statement. Last month they mailed me a notice to fill out and mail back some form stating I haven't abandoned it. You think I'm going to spend the postage on that?

rated:
SweetClover said:   
burgerwars said:   Several months ago I got a letter from the Los Angeles DWP stating I was overcharged for electricity some time in the past. The amount they calculated was something like 30 cents. To claim my 30 cents I would have to fill out a form and mail it back using my own 49 cent postage stamp. Didn't do that.

Seems some computer systems print out stuff, somebody stuffs it in an envie, runs it through a postal meter, and out it goes, without anybody questioning it. I think I'm going to frame this and hang it on a wall - might make an interesting conversation piece. I just hope some poor schmuck working at Walgreens isn't going nuts with balancing the books because the check never gets processed...

If you don't cash the check then after several years they'd have to turn over that 6 cents to the state as an abandoned or unclaimed property.  Then the state will hold it until claimed by you or your estate.  The never ending saga of the 6 cent check....

rated:
Send it to M. Night Shyamalan

rated:
atikovi said:   
scrouds said:   You're mean. Are you really not going to cash the check and eventually make them escheat the money?
  HAHA, I have had a 1 cent balance at a bank for the last 3 years and every month they mail me a statement. Last month they mailed me a notice to fill out and mail back some form stating I haven't abandoned it. You think I'm going to spend the postage on that?

Same here, for 1 cent.
It was from an IRA that I rolled over.
It went on for a year.

rated:
ach1199 said:   

If you don't cash the check then after several years they'd have to turn over that 6 cents to the state as an abandoned or unclaimed property.  Then the state will hold it until claimed by you or your estate.  The never ending saga of the 6 cent check....

Aaaaaahahaha! Then in 5 or so years I guess I'll check one of those "Unclaimed Property" websites and see if my name shows up. 

I did find two of my relatives on one of them. Turns out after my great aunt's death, a bank had a safe deposit box that nobody knew of. I notified my mom, so she could tell my aunt's son. He lives out of state, and the box was in a Philadelphia account. Anyway, he permitted my older sister to retrieve the contents on my aunt's estate's behalf. Turns out there was nothing of value in it, just copies of paperwork. My younger brother never emptied the school savings account we all had as kids (I emptied mine after HS graduation). So I ended up letting him know he was listed on one of those websites. 

rated:
woowoo2 said:   
atikovi said:     HAHA, I have had a 1 cent balance at a bank for the last 3 years and every month they mail me a statement. Last month they mailed me a notice to fill out and mail back some form stating I haven't abandoned it. You think I'm going to spend the postage on that?
  Same here, for 1 cent.
It was from an IRA that I rolled over.
It went on for a year.

That's hilarious! I have a personal line of credit at PNC. I paid the amount the website said I owed, including the small amount of interest. I logged in later to check my account, I found I still owed 2˘. I tried to pay the 2˘ before the due date, when more interest accrues. Website kept telling me account was paid in full, no payment needed at that time. But it kept telling me I owed 2˘, and I got an email notice by the due date, reminding me I needed to pay to avoid additional interest. Apparently somebody at PNC caught it, and the 2˘ owed disappeared the following month. 

rated:
ganda said:   Send it to M. Night Shyamalan

Sixth Cents? That's comedy gold ganda!

rated:
ganda said:   

Woulda greened it twice if I coulda.  I see pun people.  They're all around me.  

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
ganda said:   

Woulda greened it twice if I coulda.  I see pun people.  They're all around me.  

I have greened it on your behalf.  My good deed of the day is completed.  Now I can sleep well at night knowing that I have contributed to some goodness.  The effort is worth at least 6 cents.

rated:
moonbeam said:   kamalktk said:   
SweetClover said:   

H&B!

YOLO!

rated:
kamalktk said:   
moonbeam said:   
kamalktk said:   
SweetClover said:   

H&B!

YOLO!

You're Only Licked Once (for 6 cents)?

rated:
I got 2 cashier checks from Chase Bank for 1 cent each!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017