• filter:

Vegan meat products left in Houston grocery store

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
People in Texas are in need of your help, but not your vegan sausages

Vegan "sausage" link 

pic hint: it's the meat section in a grocery store that's essentially cleaned out, except for the vegan section that is fully stocked

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Good thing I got a lot of rabbits in the hood.

rated:
Hmmm.... starve to death or eat vegan food?

rated:
If this is what is left unsold after a *&$^ing hurricane, it makes me wonder how much of that stuff goes shelf to dumpster in a normal week?!

rated:
Reminds me of one of our offices. We each are stocking food/water for disaster supplies but one of the offices remarked that they have employees who are vegetarian or have food allergies and so are looking for appropriate items to include. Don't you think if you knew you had special dietary needs that you would provide your own supplies? I was regaling my coworkers with a scenario after an earthquake in which the office manager of that office was digging through the rubble, finds the vegetarian supplies and calls out, "here's the vegetarian kit. I'll keep searching for the food supply for the rest of us." buahahahaha!!!

rated:
ganda said:   If this is what is left unsold after a *&$^ing hurricane, it makes me wonder how much of that stuff goes shelf to dumpster in a normal week?!
Or does this mean the Vegans were smart enough to plan ahead and either get out of town ahead of the hurricane or did they stock up before it hit, and not need to loot stores afterwards?

rated:
Vegans are absolutely indestructible.

rated:
With all the overweight people in this country, it would be a good 2 weeks without food before anybody is even near starving.

rated:
Connman said:   ganda said:   If this is what is left unsold after a *&$^ing hurricane, it makes me wonder how much of that stuff goes shelf to dumpster in a normal week?!
Or does this mean the Vegans were smart enough to plan ahead and either get out of town ahead of the hurricane or did they stock up before it hit, and not need to loot stores afterwards?

They realized that in case of disaster they better have proper nutrition.

rated:
This thread is making me want steak.

rated:
DTASFAB said:   Vegans are absolutely indestructible.
  Just like a McD hamburger

http://www.rawstory.com/2010/10/indestructible-mcdonalds-burger-...

rated:
Why does the bagged salad from the produce section start to go bad after just 4 days yet the sliced cheese from the deli department is still good after 4 weeks?

rated:
atikovi said:   Why does the bagged salad from the produce section start to go bad after just 4 days yet the sliced cheese from the deli department is still good after 4 weeks?
  Chemicals

rated:
sublimosa said:   This thread is making me want steak.
i'll take you for one. i know a great seitan steak place

rated:
morecowbell said:   
sublimosa said:   This thread is making me want steak.
i'll take you for one. i know a great seitan steak place

Don't forget to order the krab salad on the side.

rated:
Connman said:   
ganda said:   If this is what is left unsold after a *&$^ing hurricane, it makes me wonder how much of that stuff goes shelf to dumpster in a normal week?!

It's not a matter of vegans being smart. They could still stock more.
Or the non-vegans being picky and rejecting it while there is danger of starvation. Nobody is that picky.
The most likely explanation is that this is fresh stock that got through.

rated:
ocean935 said:   The most likely explanation is that this is fresh stock that got through.
  Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor a hurricane can keep vegans from their Tofurkey!

rated:
Well thing is vegan food the pre made kind rarely tastes good. If you want proper vegan food you have to make it from scratch . thing is vegan food doesn't last long. you want the canned stuff as that is made to last for long time

rated:
I'm surprised all the fresh meat was purchased. The whole reason for stocking up before a hurricane is the expectation that basic utilities and services may not be available. If the electricity goes out, you can't cook or store the meat and your stockpile of rotting raw meat will be a hazard.

rated:
moonbeam said:   If the electricity goes out, you can't cook or store the meat and your stockpile of rotting raw meat will be a hazard.
  Nobody in your 'hood has a charcoal grille?

rated:
moonbeam said:   I'm surprised all the fresh meat was purchased. The whole reason for stocking up before a hurricane is the expectation that basic utilities and services may not be available. If the electricity goes out, you can't cook or store the meat and your stockpile of rotting raw meat will be a hazard.
BBQ

rated:
atikovi said:   
moonbeam said:   If the electricity goes out, you can't cook or store the meat and your stockpile of rotting raw meat will be a hazard.
  Nobody in your 'hood has a charcoal grille?

My neighborhood had no power for almost 6 hours after a violent storm. You could smell the charcoal & grilling odors. Steak, chicken, burgers, hot dogs. Some invited the neighbors, people next door asked if I wanted a burger. 

On another note, that vegan stuff is too expensive, along with being nasty-tasting. I'd rather eat beans & rice, instant rice , canned beans & seasonings. 

rated:
kamalktk said:   
moonbeam said:   I'm surprised all the fresh meat was purchased. The whole reason for stocking up before a hurricane is the expectation that basic utilities and services may not be available. If the electricity goes out, you can't cook or store the meat and your stockpile of rotting raw meat will be a hazard.
BBQ

That's how you use up the meat that's already in your freezer so it doesn't go bad. You don't intentionally stock your refrigerator/freezer with perishable food right before a storm unless you're slow witted.

rated:
atikovi said:   Why does the bagged salad from the produce section start to go bad after just 4 days yet the sliced cheese from the deli department is still good after 4 weeks?
  Those aren't really emergency foods, unlike canned foods, like aerosol cheese, whose nitrogen oxide propellant can also be used as an anesthetic for emergency surgery.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017