• filter:

Irma

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hey scrouds, be safe.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:

coffee? (15.68kB)
Disclaimer
scrouds is inland a way IIRC. I'm fairly sure he has a bunker

Thanks to Garfield I have trouble taking Irma seriously.

rated:
Hopefully it does't show up to FL at a Cat 5. That would be disastrous.

rated:
What a monster. East coast of Florida looks like the area to be hit, but the whole state will be affected. Batten down the hatches people.

rated:
I guess Irma is not staying to play bingo with the girls at the nursing home.

rated:
I'm here, not going anywhere (hopefully) and I've been ready.

Waiting on some Amazon orders, if we have an extended power outage the battery operated fans should help with the heat. I feel bad for the people still running around trying to find bottled water, I mean seriously folks.

I did a quick tally and I have over 5 gallons of chicken and veggie stock alone.

Just hoping the old oak trees don't fall over on the cars or my lovely abode or we get some Harvey flooding, my mom's place won't survive that. I should be good where I'm at for inundation.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   I guess Irma is not staying to play bingo with the girls at the nursing home.
You ready?

rated:
scrouds said:   I'm here, not going anywhere (hopefully) and I've been ready.

Waiting on some Amazon orders, if we have an extended power outage the battery operated fans should help with the heat. I feel bad for the people still running around trying to find bottled water, I mean seriously folks.

I did a quick tally and I have over 5 gallons of chicken and veggie stock alone.

Just hoping the old oak trees don't fall over on the cars or my lovely abode or we get some Harvey flooding, my mom's place won't survive that. I should be good where I'm at for inundation.

Just make sure you stay safe.

rated:
I'll try my best.

Just went to the local supermarket. The areas you'd imagine was pretty bombed out. I wasn't expecting less, this is one of the smaller ones and usually looks bombed out Sunday night after the weekend shoppers are through with it.

Was surprised by a couple things. Decent amount of cereal left. And the trash bags / paper products were all cleaned out.

Produce was noticeably lower but plenty of supply. no bananas. Guess people plan to live on bananas.

I was able to get what I wanted, dinner basically. And that was a gamble, can't show up late and always expect a roast chicken to be left.

I did chuckle when I saw even the Gatorade was cleaned out.

And there were holes in the vegan meat section.

rated:
scrouds said:   MilleniumBuc said:   I guess Irma is not staying to play bingo with the girls at the nursing home.
You ready?

Yes. Water and gas and non perishables ready. Thankfully it turned east (forecast) so not expecting it to be bad on this side of the state. Then again, Charlie was supposed to hit over here in 2004, and it caught all my old neighbors off guard escaping to Orlando and Kissimmee.

One of them told me it felt like a train was coming, so hope never to experience that.

Hope Orlando and the beach coast survives. Feel bad for Miami, even if I really, really dislike that place. Hoping that it veers further east.

rated:
scrouds said:   I'll try my best.

Just went to the local supermarket. The areas you'd imagine was pretty bombed out. I wasn't expecting less, this is one of the smaller ones and usually looks bombed out Sunday night after the weekend shoppers are through with it.

Was surprised by a couple things. Decent amount of cereal left. And the trash bags / paper products were all cleaned out.

Produce was noticeably lower but plenty of supply. no bananas. Guess people plan to live on bananas.

I was able to get what I wanted, dinner basically. And that was a gamble, can't show up late and always expect a roast chicken to be left.

I did chuckle when I saw even the Gatorade was cleaned out.

And there were holes in the vegan meat section.

Don't chuckle, I picked a 24 pack of Gatorade in the rush

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   scrouds said:   MilleniumBuc said:   I guess Irma is not staying to play bingo with the girls at the nursing home.
You ready?

Yes. Water and gas and non perishables ready. Thankfully it turned east (forecast) so not expecting it to be bad on this side of the state. Then again, Charlie was supposed to hit over here in 2004, and it caught all my old neighbors off guard escaping to Orlando and Kissimmee.

One of them told me it felt like a train was coming, so hope never to experience that.

Hope Orlando and the beach coast survives. Feel bad for Miami, even if I really, really dislike that place. Hoping that it veers further east.
Stay safe.
Sis is in Melbourne.. Bullseye right now.
They're going to leave tomorrow and drive probably to Orlando or Tampa area.. Have some friends and relatives at both places.
Bro in law is a doctor.. So he can't get off quiet easily.. But they have a 1 year old.. So legally he got couple days off so they can drive away with him.

rated:
Watching Irma from here in NW FL.  Hope this cool front we're getting right now keeps her pushed to the east.

rated:
kayak.com is stupid.
it says flights available.. they're not.

Nothing from Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando, Sanford, Melbourne, Vera Beach to JFK, La Guardia, Newark, Stewart, Trenton, Bethlehem

rated:
I saw the jetblue flights to ewr when I looked yesterday. Today's cheapest flight was $200. tomorrow was $99.

rated:
I heard on the radio that JetBlue will hold price low.

rated:
scrouds said:   I saw the jetblue flights to ewr when I looked yesterday. Today's cheapest flight was $200. tomorrow was $99.On kayak? or on jetblue.com?
And if on jetblue.com.. did you click on the flight to see if it's still available?
Even the airlines themselves are stupid.. they say a flight is available but then when you click on it they somehow disappear.
Nuts!

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I heard on the radio that JetBlue will hold price low.
True.. but it's useless when there are no flights, trains available to come up.

I see plenty of flights from EWR to MCO for Tuesday for $99.. the problem is coming up.

rated:
grapegrl said:   Watching Irma from here in NW FL.  Hope this cool front we're getting right now keeps her pushed to the east.
  Ditto. Waiting and hoping for an easterly shift. I'm in Jax and not planning to leave unless it tracks more westerly. Heading your way if it does!

rated:
KayK said:   scrouds said:   I saw the jetblue flights to ewr when I looked yesterday. Today's cheapest flight was $200. tomorrow was $99.On kayak? or on jetblue.com?
And if on jetblue.com.. did you click on the flight to see if it's still available?
Even the airlines themselves are stupid.. they say a flight is available but then when you click on it they somehow disappear.
Nuts!

I didn't go further. Coworker decided she can't make it to the funeral for her aunt. Believe I looked at Google flights. After the news hit of the $99 flights I'd guess they went quick. Simple supply and demand, you price it lowee than market, all the quantity gets snatched up quick.

rated:
scrouds said:   KayK said:   scrouds said:   I saw the jetblue flights to ewr when I looked yesterday. Today's cheapest flight was $200. tomorrow was $99.On kayak? or on jetblue.com?
Nuts!

I didn't go further. Coworker decided she can't make it to the funeral for her aunt.
There is no further.. it doesn't exist.
Sad that your coworker couldn't go to the funeral.. Tis a combination of both a natural disaster and an unexpected funeral

rated:
Whoa

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/905889027789901824

I hope my fish man on Saint Marten is OK

rated:
ganda said:   Whoa

Fish man is a pretty poor superhero.

/ half man, half fish, it's Fish Man!

rated:
kamalktk said:   

Say what you want, reports are that the next batman movie will feature none other than aquaman.

rated:
soundtechie said:   kamalktk said:   

Say what you want, reports are that the next batman movie will feature none other than aquaman.

This is Fish Man, head of a fish, bottom half of a man.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
soundtechie said:   
kamalktk said:   

Hey, you know him! Runs faster than a speeding bullet with his radioactive gills. 

rated:

fish man (59.80kB)
Disclaimer
kamalktk said:   
soundtechie said:   
kamalktk said:   

Is this him? 

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   
Thankfully it turned east (forecast) so not expecting it to be bad on this side of the state. Then again, Charlie was supposed to hit over here in 2004, and it caught all my old neighbors off guard escaping to Orlando and Kissimmee.

Hoping that it veers further east.

Tracking was updated. Moved back west right through all of Florida.

rated:
New York Post

rated:
I'm in central Florida near Disney.  We are all prepared to ride out the storm.  Please be safe everyone out there in the affected areas. 

rated:
I'm wondering how billetera is doing, he's in Puerto Rico, been a FW member a long time. Depending on where in PR he lives, might not see him on FW for a while.

rated:
BIL somehow found tickets today evening to fly from JAX to EWR tomorrow afternoon.

rated:
So I ordered some stuff from Amazon.

I expected 3 packages all told.

1 delivered by ups, one usps and one FedEx.

One went out for delivery and failed to deliver. They blamed the hurricane. It's not here yet.

Thank you brown streak. You suck like usual.

rated:
Bro got out the Space Coast and is staying in a high-rise hotel now near Disney.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Bro got out the Space Coast and is staying in a high-rise hotel now near Disney
  hey, hope all goes well. stay safe

rated:
All those cranes in Miami are safe up to 145mph winds. Ummm, doesn't that seem a little shortsighted?

rated:
ganda said:   All those cranes in Miami are safe up to 145mph winds. Ummm, doesn't that seem a little shortsighted?

Even when they are standing on one leg?

rated:
woowoo2 said:   
ganda said:   All those cranes in Miami are safe up to 145mph winds. Ummm, doesn't that seem a little shortsighted?
  Even when they are standing on one leg?

Yep, that's why their knees bend backwards.

USPS mail I sent to Miami Beach is being held in Jacksonville.

rated:
riznick said:   MilleniumBuc said:   
Thankfully it turned east (forecast) so not expecting it to be bad on this side of the state. Then again, Charlie was supposed to hit over here in 2004, and it caught all my old neighbors off guard escaping to Orlando and Kissimmee.

Hoping that it veers further east.

Tracking was updated. Moved back west right through all of Florida.

Thanks. Expecting 120 miles over Tampa on Monday around 2 am now. By tomorrow at this time, it will hopefully be a total different forecast.

Ready to hunker down.

rated:
Looking at a few webcams I found via wundermap, not too bad yet...

Skipping 42 Messages...
rated:
scrouds said:   I was thinking a $5 solution not a $500 one
  In that case, throw away everything in the fridge and head to Subway for lunch.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017