• filter:

Rich Person Vs Homeless man, one has a gun..how does it turn out?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
She shoots him.
http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/woman-shoots-homeless-man-who-asked... 

Looks like we have another affluenza defense in the making!

Though I can't for sure say she is rich, all I know is she owns a Porsche Cayenne.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
This could be a journalistic hit piece. Classism aside, there's no reason to leap to the conclusion that the homeless man was being reasonable, and the woman unreasonable. The legal standard tends to be, did you feel that you were in danger? well, a woman alone on the street in new York city at 3AM who is approached by a homeless man who is yelling at her might reasonably conclude that she is in danger.

rated:
Her name is Quackenbush???

rated:
soundtechie said:   This could be a journalistic hit piece. Classism aside, there's no reason to leap to the conclusion that the homeless man was being reasonable, and the woman unreasonable. The legal standard tends to be, did you feel that you were in danger? well, a woman alone on the street in new York city at 3AM who is approached by a homeless man who is yelling at her might reasonably conclude that she is in danger.
This was in Tennessee. It's illegal for drunk chics to carry guns in NYC. 

rated:
"Police say the two began yelling at each other, and Quackenbush exited the vehicle and shot Melton twice before running up the street with another woman."

You dont get to get out of your car to shoot at someone on foot and claim self defense, sorry.

rated:
kamalktk said:   "Police say the two began yelling at each other, and Quackenbush exited the vehicle and shot Melton twice before running up the street with another woman."

You dont get to get out of your car to shoot at someone on foot and claim self defense, sorry.

That's why I said affluenza.  Rich person, lack of judgement, and a good lawyer is the perfect combination for that defense.

rated:
kamalktk said:   "Police say the two began yelling at each other, and Quackenbush exited the vehicle and shot Melton twice before running up the street with another woman."

And if the car is a convertible and offers no protection whatsoever?

rated:
Porsche Cayenne or Macan, both hardtops, should have just driven away.

rated:
soundtechie said:   kamalktk said:   "Police say the two began yelling at each other, and Quackenbush exited the vehicle and shot Melton twice before running up the street with another woman."

And if the car is a convertible and offers no protection whatsoever?

Doesnt matter, you took the deliberate action of getting out of the car. Unless this happens in your garage or something the prosecutor is going to look at why you didn't drive away from someone on foot.

rated:
I'll bet he said "How would you like it if I came into your bedroom while you were sleeping and played loud music?"

rated:
She thought it was a video game.

rated:

i've read police reports of stuff i was in that was not as it happened. unfortunately, they don't always get it right. or sometimes they just get it as what's convenient to them

i actually had a cop ask me, "this, then this, then this?" as a glorified "short version," and i was like, "yeah." then when i read the report, it was exactly as it didn't happen  

rated:
soundtechie said:   This could be a journalistic hit piece. Classism aside, there's no reason to leap to the conclusion that the homeless man was being reasonable, and the woman unreasonable. The legal standard tends to be, did you feel that you were in danger? well, a woman alone on the street in new York city at 3AM who is approached by a homeless man who is yelling at her might reasonably conclude that she is in danger.
I understand how the law is written and I'm not trying to argue the point.  But this creates an undeniable double standard, since any "reasonable" judge will subjectively allow a female shooter more leeway in terms of what has to happen for the shooter to experience some sort of fear.  This results in a different threshold for what's reasonable, depending not on the gender of the shooting victim and not on the behavior of the shooting victim, but depending primarily (or solely) on the gender of the shooter.  I'm sorry, I can't subscribe to that philosophy.  Chicks shouldn't get to shoot people just because they're chicks when a guy wouldn't be able to get away with the exact same offense.  Rather than penalize female shooters who find themselves in this type of unenviable situation, such as Ms. Quackenbush, society should just legalize not only gun possession, but gun usage, for whatever purpose the gun owner desires.  In other words, don't punish anybody for anything, ever.  Complete anarchy would at least be fair, even when brutal, not like our so-called "justice" system, which can be equally brutal.

rated:
Daddy's money can get me out of annnnyyything

rated:
Little more info is coming out:

This happened on Aug 26. (Wonder why it's news now)
She is 26. (Lol same number)
Her Dad Jesse Quackenbush is a dead ringer looks and voice for Beau Bridges.
She drove off, not walked away.

rated:
  she'd (most likely) be screwed in NY, since it follows Castle Doctrine (duty to retreat in public). 

but TN is "stand your ground."  "stand your ground" + white + female + $$$$$ + lowest-common-denominator decedent (homeless) = likely acquital

if she could add "beauty" to the mix, an acquittal would be even more likely, since jurors are typically swayed by attractiveness.  she better undergo extensive plastic surgery and get that lazy eye fixed.

EDIT: her face looks big. she might want to lose a few pounds. in general, juries are somewhat biased against rotundness.

rated:
she wouldn't have to worry about it if she mowed her lawn

rated:
morecowbell said:   she wouldn't have to worry about it if she mowed her lawn
  She'd claim she doesn't have to, because it's not really a lawn, it's only weeds down there.  Only negative impact for her, though, is no second date; no court costs involved.

rated:
morecowbell said:   she wouldn't have to worry about it if she mowed her lawn
  you always get this wrong. 

my yard had weeds.

her yard has a bush.

rated:
omg that was funny

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017