Word of the Day September 13 2017 Concatenation

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
 Word of the Day
 Wednesday, September 13, 2017
concatenation 
. a series of interconnected or interdependent things or events.
2. the act of concatenating.
3. the state of being concatenated; connection, as in a chain.
list end

Citations for concatenation 
block quote
We're nothing but “a fortuitous concatenation of atoms.”  Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Ingleside, 1939 
block quote end
block quote
Owing to an unfortunate concatenation of circumstances, Stilton is viewing me with concern. He has got the idea rooted in his bean that I've come down
here to try to steal Florence from him.  P. G. Wodehouse, Joy in the Morning, 1946 
block quote end

Origin of concatenation 
Late Latin
1595-1605 
Concatenation comes straight from the Late Latin noun concatēnātiō (stem concatēnātiōn-) “connection, sequence” (literally “chaining together”), a derivation
of catēna “chain.” The Italian and Spanish words for “chain” ( catena and cadena, respectively) far more closely resemble the Latin original than does
the modern French chaîne (the English source for “chain”), which passed through the stages chaeine (Old French), from caeine (Old North French), from Latin
catēna. Concatenation entered English in the early 17th century.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio liked to put scofflaw felines in his concatenation camps.

(is concatenation an unusual word? Not saying WOTD ought to be, but)

rated:
...and we awarded Comicon Cate National cosplay champion.

rated:
ganda said:   ...and we awarded Comicon Cate National cosplay champion.
Cate Blanchett?

rated:
kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   ...and we awarded Comicon Cate National cosplay champion.
Cate Blanchett?

No, she left it raw.

rated:
the black keys insisted that they never copied the white stripes, as they released their latest single, "concatenation army"

rated:
Felonious felines formed a faction and founded the virtual kitten kingdom known as the Con Cat eNation

rated:
CONCATENATE function in Excel is super-cool.

rated:
I haven't been able to keep my concatenation ever since smoking that funny stuff.

rated:
flashbacks and back storey,ever since smoking that funny stuff.......I haven't been able to keep my concatenation either.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017