• filter:

I've been doing this wrong for more than two years now

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So as you're checking in for your flight, the app or website asks you if you want the extra roomy seats for $xx more?  I've been turning it down thinking my company won't pay for it. 

Well, lo and behold, just found out this week that my company will pay up to $75 each way for such upgrades.  Just need to pay out of pocket and expense it.  I've been traveling in the least desirable seats for more than 24 trips in the last two years.  Not any more.....roomy seats...here I come!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Still doesn't beat the comfort I achieve sitting at home in my living room.

Airports = S.U.C.K.

But enjoy your new (less) cramped flying aluminum cylinder seating.

rated:
ach1199 said:    just found out this week that my company will pay up to $75 each way for such upgrades. 
  HAHA, I guess if you don't pay for your own travel you don't have to worry about the expense. I don't fly much, but my last flight cost less than the price of your upgrade alone. Tomorrow I'll be driving 12 hours home in a rental car for $70+gas instead of flying for $300, and that's after driving 12 hours out there.

rated:
ach1199 said:   So as you're checking in for your flight, the app or website asks you if you want the extra roomy seats for $xx more?  I've been turning it down thinking my company won't pay for it. 

Well, lo and behold, just found out this week that my company will pay up to $75 each way for such upgrades. 

I expect my company to issue a memo saying only employees below the rank of manager are eligible for such reimbursement. 

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
ach1199 said:   So as you're checking in for your flight, the app or website asks you if you want the extra roomy seats for $xx more?  I've been turning it down thinking my company won't pay for it. 

Well, lo and behold, just found out this week that my company will pay up to $75 each way for such upgrades. 

I expect my company to issue a memo saying only employees below the rank of manager are eligible for such reimbursement. 

That was the policy for the huge corporation I worked for previously. Also, there wasn't an option to fly Business or First class unless it was project-related and the client was paying for it. Employees were expected to use a corporate travel agency, that was only focused on price, not on travel time, layovers, etc. Some of the international travel itineraries were so ridiculous we couldn't even laugh about it. I remember one that had 6 stops and had the employee zigzagging around the world, but the ticket was less expensive that way. Who cares about the loss in productivity?!

rated:
re: zigzagging

i had a trip with my boss where he had a direct flight, and i had a layover. i booked this way, because i remembered someone saying that we try to save $$ when possible. long story short, my boss was waiting for me at the site, and told me it's ok to fly direct if the whole trip is under a certain amount. since then i've booked more wisely

rated:
DTASFAB said:   Still doesn't beat the comfort I achieve sitting at home in my living room.

Airports = S.U.C.K.

But enjoy your new (less) cramped flying aluminum cylinder seating.

A couple years ago I flew United to Amsterdam. The Economy Plus section was jammed with people "enjoying" their upgrade of three extra inches of legroom. I was in the Economy Minus section behind them. Plenty of empty seats. I had three across all to myself that allowed me to sleep a bunch. The cheap seats were the better seats.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017