• filter:

What brand of hard disk drive is best?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
How much storage per pod?

(TigerDirect lists Tide Pods detergent among hard disk drives)

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Tide might keep your computer clean, but it won't keep it happy

Hitachi right now is the best drive, then WD, Then Seagate, then Toshiba. Tide is far behind because they don't store much data on their pods.

rated:
Your options are Seagate, Toshiba and WD. they're the only 3 manufacturers left.

rated:
The ones running the microcode I wrote in the early 90s? I bet it's still in there in some form today.

rated:
those drives are recommended by the IRS

rated:

rated:
ganda said:   The ones running the microcode I wrote in the early 90s? I bet it's still in there in some form today.
  Please explain.

rated:
HDD technology hasn't really changed for a long time, so I'll bet some of my code is still in Hitachi (WD I suppose) drives today. Bigger, faster, cheaper, different interfaces, but they're still just spinning platters and heads on a stick.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017