• filter:

Donation tag

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
$10 NPR, monthly.

KK, tag!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
NPR = Communist radio....

rated:
woowoo2 said:   NPR = Communist radio....
  NPR is the crown jewel of news.  In depth reporting not beholden to advertisers.  Where they can spend 10 minutes covering a topic, where the same reporting by any of the networks would be 90 seconds at best.

And speaking of advertisers, I've always said the advertising a channel airs is indicative of the intelligence of their audience.  

Buy gold! Cash for your settlement NOW! My Pillow! Penny stocks!

If your viewing/listening habits subject you to advertisement for stupid people, you're their Target audience.   

rated:
fasttimes said:
If your viewing/listening habits subject you to advertisement for stupid people, you're their tar*get audience 

😁

rated:
fasttimes said:   

If your viewing/listening habits subject you to advertisement for stupid people, you're their Target audience.   

...because the ads you hear are for smart people

so, hypothetically speaking...if you weren't "smart," how would you know which ads you are hearing? let's face it - you may think the ads i hear are for stupid people, but that doesn't mean that you hear ads for smart people. you may just not know any better.  

rated:
i tuned into NPR a couple times since i last posted. i heard some of the news being presented, and how it's presented, etc. my verdict - i will be contributing to another station

(it's a jazz station...suck it!)

rated:
I give OP's Mom a donation after I get paid every Friday.

rated:
 Yup.

I used to split the car listening between sports radio and one of the two the local NPR stations, WGBH.  They were reasonably restrained in the past, but went full-on unapologetic-attack-anyone-and-anything-right-of-Uncle-Bernie last October; local hosts and national "reporters" have been very agenda-driven and unlistenable since then.  Now 20-minute commute is split between the two sports stations, 60GB iPod, USB stick, or silence.

Funny thing is I stream the Adirondack NPR station in my lab and their local coverage is still restrained, very local, and still quite listenable.

rated:
fasttimes said:   
  NPR is the crown jewel of news.  In depth reporting not beholden to advertisers. 

Nonsense...
They still have advertisers, they just call them sponsors or underwriters. And believe me, they are beholden to them.
Their news has been heavily aligned with one particular political party for years. It's pretty much all opinion.

rated:
"I'm Diane Rheems and I'm 347 years old."

/ yes i know she has some throat condition that makes her sound that old.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017