Another reason to dislike Paypal...

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just tried to issue a partial refund to a customer, but Paypal isn't allowing anything but a fill refund.  After taking to them, they said it couldn't be done because the transaction is still "pending".
There's nothing like having to tell a customer that he'll have to wait!

OK...thanks for letting me vent! 

So is there an alternative to PayPal that doesn't require the customer to sign up for another payment service?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It stands to reason,not complete, cant refund yet

yesidonoitall said:   It stands to reason,not complete, cant refund yet

I did kind of understand that.

Update...after the funds were made available, I still couldn't issue a partial refund.  The new explanation was that the buyer "paid funny", maybe using two  payment methods.  Their solution was to use a "friends and family" payment to issue the refund, which I did.  Of course that screwed me on PayPal and eBay fees.

Paypal must be easy to use as a scam venue. I have advertised several things on craigslist and I always get replies from people who say they will pay me via paypal and even pay extra for my inconvenience if I would just mail the item to them. I just tell them to try somewhere else. I get this everytime I post on craigslist from many different people. This seems to be a common scam, however, not the only type as I am learning. I am also getting emails from Paypal that says I owe paypal credit money. I also know forsure that this is a scam as well. Be careful whenever dealing with them.  
Also got really screwed by eBay several years ago as a buyer.  eBay wouldn't help me and allowed the seller to continue to defraud people even after I proved to them that he broke the eBay laws which said he should have been banned.  I finally had to sue the guy and his company to get my partial refund. Just be careful and don't believe for a second that eBay or paypal will ever rule in your favor.

dollfinjo said:   Paypal must be easy to use as a scam venue. I have advertised several things on craigslist and I always get replies from people who say they will pay me via paypal and even pay extra for my inconvenience if I would just mail the item to them. I just tell them to try somewhere else. I get this everytime I post on craigslist from many different people. This seems to be a common scam, however, not the only type as I am learning. I am also getting emails from Paypal that says I owe paypal credit money. I also know forsure that this is a scam as well. Be careful whenever dealing with them.  
Also got really screwed by eBay several years ago as a buyer.  eBay wouldn't help me and allowed the seller to continue to defraud people even after I proved to them that he broke the eBay laws which said he should have been banned.  I finally had to sue the guy and his company to get my partial refund. Just be careful and don't believe for a second that eBay or paypal will ever rule in your favor.

eBay has the best buyer protection, how did they not for you?  And using Paypal double  insures you get what you pay for.

PayPal the most popular online payment system for a reason. They're just looking out for your safety and security

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017