• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what to do here. I received a $100 Dell egift card from a Samsung 32 LCD deal. I sold it on eBay for $94 (really less) to [personal info removed] ([personal info removed]@gmail.com) and emailed her a copy of it as well as mailing a printout of it. The card has been used and this morning I received an email from PayPal saying the buyer ( [personal info removed]@gmail.com) "did not authorize this purchase." So the payment is being reversed on my PayPal account 😕. I've contacted PayPal through the resolution center as their email says to and hope they side with me. I don't know what I could have done to prevent this.

In another related eBay problem, a Fitbit I sold was returned to me (undeliverable) because the address was bad and the buyer has not responded to my messages. I don't sell on eBay very often but get very annoyed with hassles like this and their fees.

Thanks for reading and any advice you might have

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sorry. selling egift card on eBay is well, I can't fathom the thought of it. You almost have zero recourse as you might already beginning to figure out. As far as what you should done? Read the T&C closer. Selling eGift card on eBay is like running through a thornbush naked.

btw. remove the email and name of the "buyer". You have no idea if that's someone who are just as much a victim as you are.

FW has an Online Auction forum for eBay/PayPal related stuff, with some experienced folks (paging tlaxy, paging tlaxy) that could probably answer your questions. You could send a mod alert from your post, and ask the mod on duty to move this thread there.

thanks, I didn't know where to post

SweetClover said:   FW has an online-auctio n forum for eBay /PayPal related stuff, 
  Where? I thought this was it.

I initially posted in off-topic

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016