• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
i sell one or two items a year on Amazon.

i sold a new Asus memo tablet i had not even removed the plastic wrapping.
it was a rebate deal so i had to cut the UPC but never removed the plastic , opened the thing ,not even a lil bit.
Amazon says cant sell as new so i sold it as used for like 20-30 less than new ones.
its now almost 58 days and they hit me with a-z claim "not as described" saying it wont charge.
the charge on a full battery lasts what half a day at most?
dont seem fair Amazon commands me arrange a return on the item.
its my first AZ there so looking for insight.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not an expert as I don't sell a whole lot, but I've used the a-z on the buying end, but for never receiving items (a couple that supposedly shipped from China). Amazon usually allows a time period for the buyer and seller to dialogue before Amazon makes a ruling. I would make those points clear, that it's been almost 2 months (and possibly past the return window) and that the product was like new. I'm sure it will work out but definitely keep us posted!

I think it may not even be a thing.

Amazon rules for electronics returns is notify within 14 days.

and theres a button on my dashboard to cancel the return request so i did.

i was thinking the A-Z was a universal "i'm screwed" .

Cancelling the return request? That's a new option.

An old A-Z like a 58 day one usually means they are trying to scam you.

not so fast apparently that return request did nothing for the A-Z claim which was already in progress.
this guy seems like a pro
sellers are under the illusion that the electronic items they sell are immune from returns after 14 or 30 days.  
ha ha not so!

the A-Z we're "Amazon" and do "whatever the **** we want" master screw you clause.

Apparently as a seller if you make the mistake of listing your brand new unopen electronic items as "used-like new" then you have given them the right to STEAL YOUR STUFF for making a little boo-boo and apparently there is no expiration on this master clause.

So as a seller your thinking you can deny the return request based on its been 47-48 days (or even months i guess) but when you do... SLAM! goes the Amazon screw-you trap.
they dont give a hoot how long its been or why the customer is bitching at all.

they see the little where you tried to be a good seller and disclose UPC bar code removal and THATs what they base the judgement on.
this is a just a ripoff trap.

it would seem Amazon would instruct their CSRs try to mediate with some fairness but they just DON'T. nobody babysitting the CSRs apparently at all.
its likely they are the ones pointing their friends and family to the vulnerable sellers and just SLAM all claims on them with full refund with no other reasonable basis except that they can.
the CSRS are likely getting a cut from their partners that shill-sell the items directly thru eBay or maybe thru Amazon
this guys name is different than the ship-to name/address.
they likely do not know each other.

even if the CSRs arent running a racket with this,
Amazon allows it go on pretends they see nothing and enjoy the added customer draw of possible "freebies" and sales are up all at the expense of poor sucker sellers they look down on from their bubble and laugh at. 

I encourage anyone getting hammered with this A-Z tyranny crap to report Amazon. com to any or fraud reporting sites and will be the only way to get the crap to stop.
I agree with rule for the sellers but suspend their selling privs or some FAIR REASONABLE penalty. STEALING THEIR STUFF making it look like "buyer protection"  is not reasonable.
Amazon A-Z is a fox in the henhouse that is "just checking to make sure the chickens are Ok"

Amazon is basically just enabling inviting encouraging and helping these thieves steal from sellers with this.

I suggest you don't sell electronics (especially phones or computers) on Amazon or eBay

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016