Buyer stole my listing and pictures to flip the item he bought

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
He bought the item from me and then stole my listing with my pictures to try to flip it for a nice profit (BIN) under his own account.  What recourse do I have?  Is there anyway I can get his listing removed because I'm selling this item again as well.  It's a rare item and there are only a couple of them on eBay.  Thanks!
 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nothing really you can do at this point.
That's why some sellers put their selling info in the picture to prevent that.

The buyer should have taken his own pics
 

I would probably wait for his to sell before listing the rest of mine.

Yes, it was immoral of that seller to use your material without permission. As previous poster stated, maybe wait until his/hers sells and then list. Or you do have the option to mention in your new listing (under notice or notes) that another seller has bought from you and is using your listing material as their own. Also, watermark your photo's. It's not pretty, but it certainly helps prevent someone using your photo's.

SweetyTart said:   Yes, it was immoral of that seller to use your material without permission. As previous poster stated, maybe wait until his/hers sells and then list. Or you do have the option to mention in your new listing (under notice or notes) that another seller has bought from you and is using your listing material as their own. Also, watermark your photo's. It's not pretty, but it certainly helps prevent someone using your photo's.
  Years ago I think it was called
hot linking pictures
Sellers did, sold their item then found other seller using the picks
The first seller could change the hot link and did so to some very porno pics...
Sellers on eBay had racey pics for their items

 

yesidonoitall said:   
  Years ago I think it was called
hot linking pictures
Sellers did, sold their item then found other seller using the picks
The first seller could change the hot link and did so to some very porno pics...
Sellers on eBay had racey pics for their items

 

Wow, lol, that's definitely a harsh way of teaching a lesson. I bet those sellers thought twice about using others material again! Thanks for the smiles this morning

SweetyTart said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
  Years ago I think it was called
hot linking pictures
Sellers did, sold their item then found other seller using the picks
The first seller could change the hot link and did so to some very porno pics...
Sellers on eBay had racey pics for their items

 

Wow, lol, that's definitely a harsh way of teaching a lesson. I bet those sellers thought twice about using others material again! Thanks for the smiles this morning

  Yea, I remember the days when eBay didn't host photos and you had to find a third-party.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017