• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I sold a jacket (no return accepted) and said it's 100% cotton under the item specifics section but never mentioned anything about the material in the item description section.  The buyer is probably having buyer's remorse and tries to force a return by saying the jacket is cotton blend, not 100% cotton.  Do I have to accept the return?  If so, is there anyway I can avoid losing shipping both ways?  I shipped it to him using my FedEx Ground account and it's kind of pricey with the insurance and home delivery surcharge.

I try to offer a partial refund if he keeps the jacket but he's not responding.

USPS delivery is bad in my area.  What if the buyer uses the fleabay prepaid return shipping label and USPS misdelivered the package to another house on my block but DC shows it was delivered to the correct zip code?  Should I use my FedEx Ground account and create a return shipment instead?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No way out. Not as described (your fault) so assuming he goes through eBay you will accept the return and pay shipping both ways. Your "no return accepted" policy is meaningless in case of SNAD. You should have the option of sending your own label.

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   I sold a jacket (no return accepted) and said it's 100% cotton under the item specifics section but never mentioned anything about the material in the item description section.  The buyer is probably having buyer's remorse and tries to force a return by saying the jacket is cotton blend, not 100% cotton.  Do I have to accept the return?  If so, is there anyway I can avoid losing shipping both ways?  I shipped it to him using my FedEx Ground account and it's kind of pricey with the insurance and home delivery surcharge.

USPS delivery is bad in my area.  What if the buyer uses the fleabay prepaid return shipping label and USPS misdelivered the package to another house on my block but DC shows it was delivered to the correct zip code?  Should I use my FedEx Ground account and create a return shipment instead?

Thanks!

Did the initial notice from eBay indicate a place to check
RETURN NOT ACCEPTED

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
LongDongSilver said:   I sold a jacket (no return accepted) and said it's 100% cotton under the item specifics section but never mentioned anything about the material in the item description section.  The buyer is probably having buyer's remorse and tries to force a return by saying the jacket is cotton blend, not 100% cotton.  Do I have to accept the return?  If so, is there anyway I can avoid losing shipping both ways?  I shipped it to him using my FedEx Ground account and it's kind of pricey with the insurance and home delivery surcharge.

Thanks!

Did the initial notice from eBay indicate a place to check
RETURN NOT ACCEPTED

SNAD defeats that setting.

rated:
You can try return not accepted, but, then you are at the mercy of eBay who almost always sides with the buyer. If he opened a return through eBay and you offered the partial return through the eBay returns, you can wait it out. I have one right now that I offered a partial return because it was a Global shipping item. The shipping is more than the cost of the item. Since he went through the eBay returns, I offered the partial refund. He has until today to respond. If I do not hear from him, either accepting or rejecting the return. I can call eBay and they will close the return and he will be SOL and the funds will be released in PayPal.
Normally, I just accept the return It is not worth the negative feedback. You don't have to send an expensive Fed Ex label. You can go to the order details, print a return label using USPS, the cheapest you can get. He has to wait until you receive the item before you refund the money so you don't need to be in a rush.
It is sad, but, most of the returns a simply buyers remorse. Rarely is there anything wrong with the item, but, remember, these people can make or break your business with their feedback. Like the old saying goes... The customer is always right. ( Even when they are dead wrong )

rated:
grannyzon said:   It is sad, but, most of the returns a simply buyers remorse. Rarely is there anything wrong with the item, but, remember, these people can make or break your business with their feedback. Like the old saying goes... The customer is always right. ( Even when they are dead wrong )

I got the jacket back.  It has some subtle sign of use including a leftover ticket stub in the pocket.  Looks like the buyer rented it for the weekend and then decided to return it when he was done with it.

rated:
Why go through all the trouble of eBay, many people do that at the big department stores. (Or maybe this person was banned from them for doing just that)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016