• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Currently sitting on one preorder for a gray joy con, and anticipating hype/demand to be better than the Wii U was at launch. Debated reselling on Craig's List and taking the $75 I could get now, but anticipating a lot of die-hard fans will pay even more on launch day weekend when stores sell out. Preorders are averaging about $400 on eBay currently (Retail is $299.99).

This will be a thread to discuss strategies to acquire, ship, sell, and anticipate demand/shortages. I personally think a shortage will occur for the first three weeks (despite Reggie's claim of 2 million units in the first month), then become more widely available as this is a March launch.

My strategy on launch day will be to acquire a second unit at a Target located in a less-densely populated area, lining up 3 hours before open at 7 am after checking Brickseek for inventory levels. You can check inventory levels via Brickseek below for Target and WalMart stores.

DPCIs for Target :

Gray Joy Con - ~~207-29-1000
Neon/Red Joy Con ~~207-29-1001

WalMart SKU:
~~52901821 

Is anyone else buying these to resell?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Not worth it in my opinion. There will be more than enough on release date. Appears that everyone knows it if they are only getting $400 on eBay. Average in fees and shipping not much left over for profit. Even the classic nes was fetching a higher return on the $70 cost. Sold 2@ $300 ea. My local best buy had around 120 units on release date while local targets only had an average of 12-15.

rated:
Hard to figure out what the item is
I have no clue

rated:
I live in a town with a lot of game stops and I have pre-orders for 10 units. I'm going to see how they go this weekend. I do not need to pick them up right away and I can always cancel them if they are not doing well.

rated:
Well, ended up selling off my preordered Switch and acquiring 5 additional units during launch weekend at Target stores.

My wife acquired the 7th unit at a Target store Monday, and myself 2 more in the Target.com sale.

Sold all 7 units and 3 Zelda Special Editions for a little over $715 profit, all on Amazon. The two from Target.com arrive today, and anticipating those will make a little over $75 each after shipping/fees.

Hope to get some more units this weekend too! Maybe a repeat of the Wii success?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017