• filter:

Seller only shipped 1 item, not 2 as purchased.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I opened a case with eBay, seller provided tracking # to eBay showing delivered, so they closed the case in favor of them.

Any other options here?
thanks 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
SNAD? Since one instead of two, that's significantly not as described?

rated:
forbin4040 said:   SNAD? Since one instead of two, that's significantly not as described?
Maybe that was my mistake.  I filed a dispute, forgot what I selected for reason, and once the seller provided the tracking number to eBay they closed it as resolved.

Now, if I try to do the same again in PayPal using SNAD, will they look at the eBay details and simply close it again?

I assume there is no way to get the weight of an item shipped via USPS First Class; the envelope does show 15.9 oz, so the seller did pay for that, and I believe they meant to ship 2 items, while I only received 1 - weighed it including the envelope and it's 7.7 oz. 

thanks 

rated:
1. You can call eBay and ask them to reopen your case and change it to a SNAD since you did receive something. Supposedly, you can find the phone number by doing a Google search. If you can't find it then move on to #2.
2. You can open a claim via PayPal.
3. You can file a dispute via your credit card company.

You can go through the list one by one or jump straight to number 3. It's your choice. I would start with number 1 and work my way down.

Dan

rated:
When that has happened to me I contacted the seller first who resolved it. In one instance they gave me 1/2 refund and another they shipped the second item. Did you contact the seller first or jump to filing a claim??

rated:
Rick505 said:   When that has happened to me I contacted the seller first who resolved it. In one instance they gave me 1/2 refund and another they shipped the second item. Did you contact the seller first or jump to filing a claim??
I contacted the seller, and they firmly said they shipped 2 each.  I asked about inventory quantity numbers as these are not one-off items, they are something they sell on an on-going basis, still having auction listings for the same currently.  Their reply was 2 were shipped, and pointed out they paid shipping costs based on the weight of 2. 

I assume it doesn't happen often, but does on mistake when 1 item is received instead of 2, and figure there has to be some way to resolve if the seller won't admit fault.  These are not high value items.

thanks 

rated:
Just call eBay. You will get your refund.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017